Update: As promised, here's the tapping schedule:
- 11:00 AM Revolution Dry-Hopped Eugene Porter on the Beer Engine
- 12:00 PM New Holland Barrel Aged Night Tripper & Avery The Beast
- 1:00 PM Bahnhoff Berliner-style Weisse & Vicaris Generaal
- 2:00 PM 5 Rabbit Vida y Muerte Harvest Ale & Mickey Finn's Australian Pale Ale
- 3:00 PM Stillwater Dubache & Alvinne Gaspar
- 4:00 PM Lagunitas Sucks
- 5:00 PM Mikkeller Ignas et Flamma
- 6:00 PM Surly Darkness & Piece Swingin' Single
- 7:00 PM New Holland Barrel Aged Poet & Firestone Walker 15 Anniversary
- 8:00 PM Revolution Double Fist & Three Floyds BooGoop
- 9:00 PM Haymarket Mathias Double IPA & Avery Old Jubilation
- 10:00 PM Wild Onion Barrel Aged Winter Warmer & Three Floyds Hessian Smog
Here's another big beer event with a chance to get in on that rare Surly Darkness, as well as other choice beers.
On Saturday, November 19, we'll be commemorating our 19th anniversary the best way we know how: by tapping 19 special kegs of extraordinary (and often rare!) beers from around the world! Starting at noon, we'll be rolling out at least one keg per hour until 10 pm. We don't expect you to be here to sample them all, but guarantee that whenever you come in you'll be able to drink a world classic.
The full tapping list will be posted on our Facebook page on Friday, November 18, after 6 pm.
As you know, our space is limited, so it will be first-come, first-served as far as entry. If you'd like to avoid the usual weekend evening crowd, by all means drop by earlier - we'll definitely have the stuff! Some of the beers already in our cooler:
- Surly Darkness (9.8% abv, 85 IBU). A massive Russian Imperial Stout with flavors of chocolate, cherries, raisins, coffee and toffee, plus just enough hops to make this much-sought-after seasonal even more complex.
- Mikkeller-De Struise Ignis et Flamma (7% abv, 62 IBU). A Belgian IPA inspired by US West Coast IPAs, brewed with Galena hops for bittering, Chinook, Cascade, Simcoe and Amarillo for aroma, and dry-hopped with Amarillo.
- 5 Rabbit Vida y Muerte Muertzenbier. A Märzenbier (Oktoberfest-style) brewed with dulce de leche and flavors inspired by hoja santa. Dulce de leche is a type of milk caramel widely used throughout Latin America. Hoja santa is a large leaf commonly used in Oaxacan cuisine due to the richness in its flavor and aroma. A new seasonal that celebrates the traditional Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).
- Alvinne Gaspar Ale (8% abv, 105 IBU). A Belgian IPA, bitter (one of the hoppiest beers from Belgium), yet refreshing, loaded with Magnum, East Kent Goldings, Cascade, and Chinook hops. Fruity, spicy, with a long dry and bitter finish.
- Avery Old Jubilation Ale (8.3% abv, 30 IBU). The brewery's winter strong ale is an English Old Ale, mahogany-hued, nutty and warming, with a finish full of toffee and mocha flavors. Five specialty malts are used to produce this distinctively malty strong ale.
I will expect to have a full beer list appended later this evening. The Map Room is a Belgian-themed bar with a wide variety of imports and domestics, both on tap and in an extensive bottle inventory. It's one of the regular meeting places for the Chicago Beer Society.