Still a quiet week after all the holiday celebrations. Do we dare to hope for a listing of Super Bowl parties in the future?
Quencher's Stout Fest 2011
Quenchers Saloon, 2401 N. Western Ave., Chicago (773) 276-9730
This year's Stout Fest will feature 24 delicious stouts on tap.
Group 1 - Tapped January 1st.
- Emelisse Russian Imperial Stout - Netherlands - 11% abv
- Stone Brewing IRS - CA - 10.5 abv
- Brooklyn Chocolate Stout - NY - 10.6 abv
- Lion Stout - Sri Lanka - 8.0 abv
- Two Brothers Northwind Imperial Stout - IL - 8.5 abv
- Belfast Bay McGovern's Oatmeal Stout - ME - 6.5 abv
Group 2 - Tapped January 1st.
- Southern Tier Oatmeal Stout - NY - 11.0 abv
- New Holland Night Tripper - MI - 10.8 abv
- Lefthand Brewing's Imperial Stout - CO - 10.4 abv
- Great Lakes Black Out Stout- OH - 9.0 abv
- Bells Double Cream- MI - 6.1 abv
- Belhaven Stout- Scotland - 4.5 abv
Group 3 - Tapped January 15th.
- Lost Abbey Serpent's Stout - CA - 11.0 abv
- Lagunitas Imperial Stout - CA - 10.14 abv
- North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout- CA - 9.0 abv
- Grand Teton Black Cauldron Imperial Stout- WY - 8.0 abv
- 3 Floyd's Hell's Black Intelligenser - IN - 6.0 abv
- Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout - CO - 4.95 abv
Group 4 - Tapped January 15th.
- Dogfish Head World Wide Stout - DE - 18.0 abv
- Half Acre Big Hugs - IL - 9.5 abv
- Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout - Norway - 9.0 abv
- Founder's Breakfast Stout - MI - 8.3 abv
- Dark Horse One Oatmeal Stout - MI - 8.0 abv
- Summit Oatmeal Stout - MN - 4.7 abv
Supplies are limited, so getting to Quenchers early is the best way to ensure you'll get to enjoy the full Stout Fest 2011 menu.
Monday, January 3
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Rock Bottom Orland Park Taps Hop Bomb
Rock Bottom Orland Park, 16156 S. La Grange Rd., Orland Park, IL (708) 226-0021
"We are kicking off the New Year with a bang as we launch the first of our rotating hoppy beers of the year with the return of the ever popular Hop Bomb IPA. This West Coast IPA has plenty of citrus hop flavors and aromas with a malt balance."
Tuesday, January 4
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Killer Kapowski Baltic Porter tapping
Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery, 1035 Sterling Ave., Flossmoor, IL (708) 957-BREW
Killer Kapowski Baltic Porter returns for another go-round. This will also be available in bottles, but we will have a separate release for that which will be announced at a later date. Mug Club members get to taste at 7:00 p.m., as usual.
Wednesday, January 5
6:00 p.m. Bell's Batch 10,000 tapping
The Tribes Alehouse, 11220 W. Lincoln Hwy., Mokena, IL (815) 464-0248
A keg of Bell's Batch 10,000 will be tapped at 6pm.
6:00 p.m. Founders Night
Haymarket Pub & Brewery, 737 W. Randolph, Chicago (312) 638-0700
12 beers from Founders Brewing of Grand Rapids, Michigan will be on tap.
Thursday, January 6
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Goose Island Clybourn tapping
Goose Island Brewpub, 1800 North Clybourn Ave., Chicago (312) 915-0071
Every Thursday, a new beer brewed at the Clybourn brewpub is tapped.
Now I'm off to balance my checkbook for 2010.