Authors and aspiring authors... this experience is for you (attend in person or join via live stream)! In this day and age, being an author is no longer just about writing. It is also about making connections, wearing many hats, and running a business - the business of your book. Whether you are looking to traditionally publish or self-publish; if your book is fully written or is just a pie-in-the-sky idea, this opportunity may be ideal for you. WritePitchPublish is a hands-on, dynamic experience designed to propel authors and aspiring authors forward in the mission to finish their work with quality and to acquire a solid understanding of how the modern day publishing industry works.
With one-on-one critique sessions and the opportunity to participate in small-group masterminds, WritePitchPublish is especially ideal for ambitious writers who desire to connect with industry professionals, such as literary agents, editors, and publishers in small group settings. Keynote speakers include authors Cynda Williams and Michele Hoskins of Michele Foods.
The event is open to authors and aspiring authors who wish to learn from professionals, engage in the sharing of ideas, collaborate with others, and improve the approach and completion of writing projects. Sponsored by Tandem Light Press and 220 Publishing.
Four Primary Objectives:
1. Finishing the project
2. Understanding the publishing industry
3. Understanding the business side of authorship
4. Connecting with key professionals
Benefits & Details:
• Participate live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin or online via Live Stream
• Experienced Power Talk speakers who will cover writing, the publishing industry, funding, securing literary agents writing for film, self-publishing, and entrepreneurship.
• Participate in small mastermind groups that allow participants to troubleshoot and design solutions to problems such as writers block, publishing decisions, literary agent challenges, finding time to write, financial challenges, etc.
• Participate in one-on-one critique sessions with the following options: manuscript feedback, feedback on author's pitch to literary agent, query letter feedback.
10:00am - 12:00pm – Morning Power Talks with Q&A
Write to Please or Write to Sell: Balancing Integrity With Industry Demand
Writing as Meditation: Getting Out of Your Own Way
Keep Knocking Till Your Hand Falls Off: The Power of Persistence
Choosing the Right Publishing Route
12:00pm - 1:00pm – Break for Lunch
1:00pm - 3:00pm – Afternoon Power Talks with Q&A
The Business Savvy Author: How to Get Investor Funds
The Keys to Securing a Literary Agent & Book Deal
Writers and the New Film Industry
Mastering the Art of Self-Editing
3:30pm – 5:30pm – Mastermind Sessions & Author Exchange
6:00pm– Closing Reception/Call to Action
Sat, April 7, 2018
8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Milwaukee Area Technical College
700 West State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233