- Identification: A microchip is critical, but also registering with the microchip provider.
- Socialization/Behavior Training: Preventing behavior issues makes far more sense, and early socialization can do that.
- Exercise: It's very good for pets and also for pet owners.
- Emergency Planning: Pets have become a part of the family and need to be included in any emergency planning. And the operative word is "plan."
- Preventive Care: We seeing more preventive illness, from obesity to dental disease to parasites. Keeping pets healthy in the first place saves lives, and also saves pet owners money.
Here's my piece on my resolution for 2013.
Tags: 2013 pet resolutions, American Veterinary Medical Association, AVMA, Dr Ron DeHaven, emergency planning pets, exercising pets, Partners for Healthy Pets, Partnership for Preventive Pet Healthcare, pet identification, pet socialization, preventive pet care, socializing kittens, socializing puppies, Steve Dale's Pet World, wellness exams