This morning I received a very exciting announcement that Lincoln Park and Grant Park will be jointly hosting the inaugural Chicago Food+Wine Festival and it will be happening August 28-30 this year!
World-class chefs, sommeliers, cocktail experts, culinary personalities, rising stars, musical acts and more will showcase their talent, innovation and unique flavors of Chicago. Offering various events over three days in beautiful downtown Chicago, the Festival will include Grand Taste tents offering food, wine and cocktail samples from local and regional artisans; over 30 interactive cooking demonstrations and intimate; Toast & Taste, the festival’s signature Saturday night tasting event featuring 16 of the country’s best chefs and live music; Last Call, late-night dessert and nightcap party; book signings; and more.
“Chicago is now home to a record number of globally-acclaimed culinary experiences, and Chicago Food + Wine Festival will give every Chicagoan -- and millions of visitors -- a chance to mix and mingle with some of the most acclaimed chefs and culinary personalities from our city and across the country,” says Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago.
Chicago Food + Wine Festival ticket options include:
- All-In Ticket ($550 per person) enables guests to experience the full weekend of Chicago Food + Wine Festival, including access to cooking demonstrations, wine, beer & spirits tastings, Saturday & Sunday’s Grand Taste tents, Saturday’s Toast & Taste and Last Call events, and a one-year FOOD & WINE Magazine Subscription (US Only).
- Saturday Day Ticket ($175 per person) includes single-day access to Saturday, August 29 festival programming at Lincoln Park, including cooking demonstrations, wine, beer & spirits tastings, book signings and Saturday’s Grand Taste tents.
- Sunday Day Ticket ($175 per person) includes single-day access to Sunday, August 30 festival programming at Lincoln Park, including cooking demonstrations, wine, beer & spirits tastings, book signings and Sunday’s Grand Taste tents.
- Toast & Taste ($225 per person) tickets are available as a stand-alone ticket option. Saturday’s Toast & Taste will offer guests the opportunity to sample signature dishes from over 16 of Chicago and the nation’s most decorated chefs, paired with live music set with the backdrop of Chicago’s famous skyline from Grant Park.
- Last Call Ticket: ($75 per person) Saturday’s late–night sips and sweets nightcap party hosted at an undisclosed location will feature a selection of creative chefs driving Chicago’s pastry scene. Attendees can satisfy their sweet tooth and enjoy signature drinks throughout the evening.
- Feast Under the Stars: ($225 per person) This is a separately ticketed, intimate 5-course outdoor dinner held Friday, August 28th at Chicago’s Lincoln Park.
In developing the festival an Advisory Board was created to honor the spirit of culinary diversity in the city. The board is comprised of Chicago chefs including Jimmy Bannos (Heaven on Seven, The Purple Pig, Juicy-O); Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill, Topolobampo, Xoco, Tortas Frontera); Graham Elliot (Graham Elliot Bistro); Jose Garces (Garces Group); Stephanie Izard (Girl & The Goat, The Little Goat); Paul Kahan (One Off Hospitality Group); Tony Mantuano (Spiaggia, Cafe Spiaggia, Bar Toma, River Roast, Terzo Piano); and Art Smith (Art and Soul, Table Fifty-Two, Lyfe Kitchen, Southern Art).
Follow my new blog Beyond ExpecTASTEtions for updates about Chicago Food+Wine with specific chefs, tasting events and more!
Information and quotes provided from Food+Wine press release