This simple recipe could not be easier (and tastier) for an easy weeknight meal or to impress your lover with your knowledge of bacon. All you need are five ingredients: Big Fork Bacon Sausage, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, mayonnaise, and your favorite kind of toast.
Big Fork Bacon Sausage is absolutely delicious and can be used in so many different ways. The first time I had it was at Hormel’s Bacon Takedown in Chicago, I knew it was a match made in heaven. The bacon sausages are available at several Chicago retail locations so you know a bacon sausage is never far away!
Here’s the easy pleasey recipe!
Ingredients (makes 2 BLTs)
- 1 Big Fork Bacon Sausage
- 1 Large Tomatoe
- 1 bag of shredded lettuce
- Mayonnaise (as much or as little as you want)
- Toast of your choice (I prefer Hawaiian rolls sliced and toasted)
- Slice open the bacon sausage casing and sauté the meat inside
- Cut up and de-seed the tomatoes
- Toast the Hawaiian rolls (I used my toaster oven)
- Toss shredded lettuce with mayo
- Layer the bacon sausage on the toasts, top with shredded lettuce mixture and tomatoes