If there is anything you need to know about me, you should know this:
1. I love the movies but enjoy them more at a cheaper price.
2. I love seeing any movies in which Robert De Niro has a key role.
I took in "The Family" at the Icon Theater on Roosevelt. Icon is expensive but an enjoyable experience with comfortable seating. Had it been playing in my neck of the woods, I would have watched it at the newly renovated Harper Theater in Hyde Park. The tickets are $6 during matinee hours. If you haven't yet gone to see The Family, here's why you should go:
10 REASONS TO SEE The Family AT THE MOVIES THIS WEEK
10. Robert De Niro is in it. Playing a Good Fella. Nuff Said.
09. Michelle Pfeiffer plays De Niro's character's wife and she looks damn good to be 55 years of age. #JEALOUS
08. There is a healthy dose of Tommy Lee Jones who floats in and out of scenes with his normal dry humor.
07. You'll find several reasons to poke fun at the French..if you ran out of reasons.
06. De Niro is kicking ass at 70 (GASP) years old and looks great doing it. He has reinvented himself (side note: What happened to Joe Pesci?)
05. Dianna Agron & John D'Leo play very saucy roles as the children of a mob boss.
04. Robert De Niro watches "Goodfellas" in the movie.
03. Lots of gun play, blow-backs, explosives and other incredible noisy scenes.
02. Bullies get what they deserve on at least 4 different instances.
01. The end isn't what you expect but it leaves an open door for a possible sequel.
There you have it. Go see this movie while it is still at the theaters and come back here and post your thoughts in the comment section below. While you're at it, follow me on Twitter @TheRealJoyRene.
Yep, you're welcome!