Where do you hunt? Like most single Chicagoans, South Loop (SoLo) bachelorettes gather at neighborhood bars to find: Mr. Right, Mr. Right Now or Mr. Right for the Occasion. Bar hopping is a proven strategy for building your little black iPhone’s contact list. However, when you live in an area with only about a dozen bars your love crawl can quickly come to a screeching halt. What’s a single girl to do… think outside the bar. Here is a list of 6 surprising places to meet single men in SoLo.
6. If you’re looking for Mr. You; rumor has it that Old Saint Mary Church’s congregation is enthusiastic about converting singles into plurals. Do I hear wedding bells?
5. In SoLo brunch is the most important meal of the weekend. Although there are many restaurant options for a good brunch, the bachelors are in line at Yolk. So decide how you like your eggs and go find your Richard Gere.
4. I don’t know if it’s the heat or the downward facing dogs but SoLo Bachelors are devotees of Core Yoga Studio. Grab your mat and go meet your mate. Namanste!
3. When was your last tune up? Your bike’s that is. Grab your helmet, and go get serviced; there are plenty of single men walking the aisles at Kozy’s Bike Shop.
2. Reminiscing about your college or grad schools days and the ease of meeting men at the Library? Shhh between 6-8 all the working graduates are at Binny’s South Loop.
1. Your Hopes and Dreams* may be walking out of the “Tunnel.” Going to or coming from work keep your heels on and your eyes open for an eco-friendly SoLo bachelor! Love is just a train stop away.
*Hopes and Dream; the mural at the Roosevelt Train Station (Juan Angel Chavez and Corinne D. Peterson, artists)
Did you like my post? Then like my Facebook page! You know you want to!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.