Everyone is not meant to be skinny, and being labeled curvy and thick is not a bad thing.
Some of the most beautiful and successful women in the world are Curvy Divas (just look at Oprah and Queen Latifah), and I’m committed to do the same. Here are my 5 steps to becoming a Curvy Diva.
1. Step number one, to being a Curvy Diva is to LOVE YOURSELF no matter what anyone says about you. Everyone is made differently and I’m pretty sure if God wanted us to be the same he would have made us that way. Bump what everyone else says about your size; your curves are yours to love.
2. Step number Two is to have FAITH. Without my faith I don’t know where I would be. I’ve been pulled me out of some difficult situations because of my faith. It wasn’t easy, but today I’m able to go with the flow.
3. Step number Three is to EMBRACE YOUR CURVINESS inside out. Ladies, they make clothes for curvy girls, and you can look nice without showing too much skin. Instead of showing the world what you have under your CLOTHES, as my father would say “Leave some of that for your husband to see,” show your PERSONALITY, and your natural BEAUTY instead.
4. Step number Four is to THINK SMART, and DON’T BE A BOOTY CALL. Not every man means you well. Don’t let a man come sweet talk you into something that just doesn’t seem right. (And then after you give it to him, he hit you with that I don’t want anyone to know about us, or you’re so special that I want to keep you to myself routine). You should never be a secret, there are plenty of people who would proudly love you.
5. Step number Five, love everything about yourself. You are so much more than your curves. Think about it; short, tall, skinny, curvy, and even fat, if we were all blind we would have to love each other through CONVERSATION, right?
Beauty is not only on the outside, it’s in the inside too. Someone can look nice on the outside and just be so ugly inside. Make your suitors fall in love with your CONVERSATION and not your curves or thickness alone.
Photo: Keith Chastain
Kierrya Isaac is a current senior at Rust College majoring in Mass Communications/ Print Journalism. The Starkville, MS, native is our summer intern and is writing her first book! Follow Kierrya on Twitter @KierryaI.
Have your blog delivered to you! Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
It all starts with you. If you don’t love your Curvy Diva self, than who will?