How to look your best from the Beach to the Boardroom!
By Toya Nicole
Curvy Chicks! Summer is here and that means it’s time for vacations, concerts, retreats and beautiful summer nights that call for a new wardrobe! This summer I have a wedding in Texas, vacation to Cabo and a business conference in Miami on my agenda. As a “curvy chick” I take closer notice to how well my clothes fit, flow and flatter my body, while I keep up with the latest fashion trends.
Here are some tips to help you stay chic, trendy and fabulous from the beach to the boardroom:
- Beach Styling
- Maxi dresses are comfortable and flatters every body type! If you are uncomfortable showing your shoulders and arms, pair your dress with a colorful cardigan or denim jacket.
- Whether you choose to rock a bikini or a one piece swimsuit, a loose fitting sundress or sarong makes for the perfect cover-up.
- Not into the “short shorts”? Bermuda shorts are a great alternative if you don’t want your thighs exposed but still want to give your legs room to breathe and get some sun!
- Summer Nights
- The perfect pair of jeans paired with a cropped blazer is my favorite go to outfit for a date or night on the town with the girls. Every girl should have a black blazer and dark colored jeans in her closet.
- Never leave home without your shapewear! Shapewear is a must to smooth out any rolls and help create the perfect hourglass shape under your cocktail dress!
- Boardroom Beauty
- Ditch the pantsuit and opt for a pencil skirt for your next business conference. A yellow or blue skirt paired with a white blouse or patterned shirt will add a pop of color and flair to your “power suit”
- Peep Toe pumps are work appropriate summer shoes that provide a nice change from the basic black pump. Invest in a black and tan pair this summer to compliment your career wardrobe.
Be sure to check out local boutiques in your cities and some of my favorite online sites for the curvy chick: ASOS, Forever 21, Bloomingdales, H&M and Target. When it comes to fashion, find what works best for your figure and stick with it. As long as you are wearing confidence you will always look your best!
Toya Nicole is a social media & branding strategist, travel & lifestyle blogger and co-founder of Boardroom Beauties. Her personal mission is to encourage ordinary women to walk into their extraordinary purpose. Connect with her on Twitter @MsTravelChic
Have your blog delivered to you! Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.