You’re nervous because you do not know what to wear for that first date, and it’s understandable.
After all, the first impression is the best impression and your Beauty School Scarlet is here to share some tips!
1. Get silky smooth skin. Exfoliation is the key to smooth, even skin! The night before the date, exfoliate your skin with a good scrub to remove the dead skin cells. This will even out your skin tone and allow you to have a more flawless look, as the makeup will not sit on top of the skin.
Now you to have a much brighter and glowing complexion that your date will not forget. Be sure to use an SPF in the morning, as exfoliators can make the skin more sensitive to the sun.
2. Fake out the breakout. Eat healthier with more fruits and veggies a few weeks before your date to prevent bloating. Drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin and keep it clear of unnecessary breakouts. There is nothing like a big zit screaming hello on your first date. If you should have one, invest in a spot remover to heal that zit and diminish its appearance.
3. Smile, Hollywood style. Whiten your teeth, you have a beautiful smile so make sure it shines. You can use the strips from the drugstore or if you want to, splurge on a whitening system. If you can’t get to the store, wear a red lipstick to give the effect of a whiter, brighter smile.
4. Beautify your fingers and toes. A manicure is a must; stop and get a manicure the day before, as Essie luxury polish suggests: “Your nails are like jewels, don’t use them as tools.” There’s nothing like a good manicure on a man or a woman; and if you are wearing open-toed shoes, get a pedicure too; freshly painted nails shows that you take good care of yourself! (Stuck at work when the after-work date invite pops up? Use the colorful nail stickers available at your local drugstore.)
5. Make yourself under. Less is more on the first date…with makeup that is! Don’t overdo it with the makeup; instead, go for a clean, fresh look. You are not going to take pictures on the first date so a full face is not needed here. I suggest a natural shadow, hint of blush, a little mascara and a dab of gloss. Gloss with color is okay but not a bright in color with tons of pigment.
6. Seduce--don’t suffocate with your scent. Don’t overdo it with the perfume. Find a clean, fresh scent that works well with your body’s chemistry. To help the scent last longer, rub a little Vaseline on your pulse points before you spray your perfume.
(By the way, spraying perfume on your pulse points ensures that you are wearing the right amount.)
Now that you are completely date ready from head to toe, take some time to relax, release and calm your nerves so you can show your date the woman has been missing all of this time.
Beauty School Scarlet has an addiction for products and wants to be your personal critic for all things beauty. Let her try before you buy! Follow her on Twitter @ABeautyScarlet
Get your blog delivered to you! Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. Six Brown Chicks' list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.