There. It’s done. I just finished scheduling 2 business/getaway trips to the West Coast. One to LA to attend Boot Camp for my speaking role model James Malinchak, AKA the big money speaker. The other to Sunny San Diego to see Lisa Nichols, my Law of Attraction Role Model of 10 years or better. The trips are less than a month apart. I have my full time job corporate job and my full time speaking, writing, and coaching practice that keep me busy. If that were not enough, I am a single mother of three BUSY teens. Oh, and I write this blog for the Six Brown Chicks, (if you are reading this then I am sure you have heard of it). All that said, guess what?
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!
Sometimes we are so busy LIVING LIFE that it gets in the way of us LOVING LIFE! Many of us have spent the majority of our lives in service to our friends and families, and even our careers, but how often do we get a chance to just LIVE OUR DREAM and just LOVE OUR LIFE? Being on the backend of an 18-year marriage I can tell you that for years I let LIFE get in the way of my dream. I was always too busy to write that book that I dreamed of, too busy to pursue a speaking career, (which is my passion), and too busy coaching executives to coach every day women just like me to greatness, (which is my first love).
I was given all of these talents and yet I allowed them to REST on a shelf while I went about making others happy.
But no more. As a coach NOW that I know better, it is my calling to help you as well. As I teach I learn, as I learn, I teach. Here, I will share my suggestions for YOU to live LIFE and love LIFE:
1. Every now and then, throw caution to the wind. I am not saying spend your light bill money on a trip to Hawaii. What I am saying is that if you have children they will be perfectly fine with good friends or the baby-sitter for the weekend in order for you to get away alone or to take a party trip with your girls.
2. Travel. Don’t wait until your children get older before you get away. Once a year you should at least take a “stay-cation” to spend some time catering to YOU!
3. Look for the BEAUTY in everyday life. I can admit I have been so guilty with my head down working that I forget to take note of the beauty in the world around me. Buy some fresh cut flowers for your home on occasion. Take your lunch break outside and listen to the birds. Spend at least two or three nights a weak taking a long, hot, bath (and surround your tub with candles). Take a fishing trip (for us country girls) or spend a day at the beach to do nothing at all. There is beauty EVERYWHERE, and you don’t have to look hard to find it, you just have to LOOK!
4. DO what you love. I can’t say enough how important this is. If I am going to spend 8 – 10 (for me more like 18) hours a day working, I would rather be doing what I love and working for myself! What you do with your work time is YOUR CHOICE! Too many of us spend days at jobs we hate doing tasks that can’t stand, for the sake of paying the bills. Who says the world won’t pay you for doing WHAT YOU LOVE? They will, you just have to take time to build it!
5. Love YOURSELF. This is non-negotiable. If you love yourself you will find it easier to do the things I have mentioned above. Be selfish with your time. Be selfish with your health. Be selfish with your future. This is YOUR LIFE, and shame on you if you don’t take the time to slow down and LOVE YOURSELF while you spend time LOVING LIFE!.
Always remember, TIME is the great equalizer. There is no man or woman that has more TIME than anyone one else. If you spend your time LOVING LIFE, then you would have lived THIS LIFE wisely and be sure to increase your everyday happiness.