Pit stops, free food, parties, contests and more are just part of the fun at the 26th annual Chicago Bike Week produced by Active Transportation Alliance.
With Chicago recently being named the #1 cycling city by Bicycling magazine, the mark is high for the city to keep up it's lofty reputation which, in part, is due to our 225 miles plus of barrier protected bike lanes, buffer protected bike lanes, conventional bike lanes, marked shared lanes and neighborhood bike routes.
This week, June 19 through June 22, is the weeklong Bike Commuter Challenge. Other bike week activities and events extend through June 29.
Here is the schedule of events for Chicago Bike Week:
- Monday, June 19 – Thursday, June 22: Commuter Challenge Morning Pit Stops (various locations).
- Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23: ABUS Instagram Contest with The Chainlink for Bike to Work Week 2017. ABUS and The Chainlink are celebrating Bike to Work Week and the Bike Commuter Challenge in Chicago with an Instagram contest
- Monday, June 19: Slow Roll Chicago’s Juneteenth Ride, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 20: Bike Commuter Challenge Happy Hour Pit Stop at Timbuk2, 1623 N. Damen, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 21: Bike Commuter Challenge Happy Hour Pit Stop at Revolution Tap Room, 3340 N. Kedzie, 5:30 p.m - 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 22: The Chainlink's Ferris Bueller Scavenger Hunt Benefitting World Bicycle Relief, 5:30 p.m., downtown Chicago.
- Thursday, June 29: An evening of conversation and mobilization around improving the Milwaukee Avenue corridor in Wicker Park and Bucktown at Arc’teryx, 1620 N. Damen, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24: Bicycle Commuting Basics, REI Lincoln Park, 1466 N. Halsted, 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Click here to learn more about The Active Transportation Alliance or call 312.427.3325.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.