Halloween comes early in Chicago with many hallowed happenings kicking off this week including Fright Fest at Six Flags Great American and a Bloody Rock Musical.
The Halloween events calendar escalates throughout October to the big Halloween Day/night celebrations which just happen to fall on a Saturday this year.
But it doesn't end there. Those inclined can party right up to Thanksgiving. Please let us know if we have missed any big events as we will be adding and updating events as we learn about them.
HALLOWEEN CALENDAR 2015
- House of Torment Haunted House, selected days, September 25-November 1, 8240 Austin Avenue, Morton Grove
- Superhero Adult Night Costume Contest, beer and wine available, Friday, September 25, 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., ages 16+, Legoland, Streets of Woodfield, 601 N. Martingale Rd., Schaumburg
- Fright Fest, September 26 – November 1, 16 selected days, Six Flags Great America, Gurnee
- Hocus Pocus movie, free screening, Saturday, September 26, 7:30 p.m. Irving Park Cemetery, 7777 W. Irving Park Road
- Gothic Milwaukee, Walking Ghost Tours, selected dates now through October 31
- SCREAM, QUEEN, SCREAM!, September 24-October 31 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday evenings), Mary’s Attic, 5400 N. Clark St.
- BABYSITTERMASSACRE '78: The Musical, October 1-31 (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays) The Public House Theatre, 3914 N Clark
- Centralia: The Bloody Rock Musical, selected dates, September 26-November 21, pH Comedy Theater, 1515 W. Berwyn Ave.
- Nightmare on Walton, series of October Halloween events, Palm Court, Drake Hotel, 140 E Walton Pl.
- Disturbia Screams in the Park., 35-room haunted house, October 2-Novevmber 1, MB Financial Park, 5501 Park Place, Rosemont
- Haunted Halloween Segway Tours, October 8-31, Chicago’s haunted hotels
- Great Highwood Pumpkin Festival, October 9-11, north suburban Highwood
- One Act Festival: Halloween Edition, October 9-30, Stage 773
- Scarecrow Fest, October 9-11, St. Charles
- The Rosehill Cemetery Crypt 5K Run & Walk, October 10, 7 p.m., main entrance at 5800 N. Ravenswood
- Cemetery tours at Bohemian National Cemetery, October 11 - November 8, conducted by the Chicago History Museum
- Scarecrows on Parade, October 12-26, along N. Clark St. and W. Diversey Pkwy.
- Chicago Costume’s 7th Annual Mad Max Post-Apocalyptic Fashion Show, Thursday, October 15, 8-10 p.m., Bottom Lounge (1375 W. Lake Street)
- Boo at the Zoo Milwaukee, October 16-17 6-9 p.m., Milwaukee County Zoo
- Boo! at the Zoo, October 17, 18 and 24, 25, Brookfield Zoo, Brookfield
- The Massacre, 24 Hours of Horror Film Insanity, October 17-18, Portage Theater
- Really Big Halloween Party, Fridays through Sundays plus Halloween, October 19 – 31, Navy Pier
- No One Here But Us Witches (witch-themed cabaret), Monday nights, October 19, 26 and November 2, 7 p.m., doors: 6:30 p.m., Uptown Underground, located under 4707 N. Broadway
- The Haunted History Tour, October 20, Chicago History Museum
- Ghouls & Spirits Adult Trick or Treat Milwaukee Food Tour (Adult), October 23-24; October 30-31 (various times)
- Graceland Cemetery Tours, October 24 - 31, Chicago History Museum
- Spooky Zoo Spectacular, October 24, Lincoln Park Zoo (kids trick 'r treat, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Roosevelt Road Zombie Walk & Pub Crawl, October 24,4:30 p.m. to 6:45 pm Free, starts FitzGerald's Nightclub, 6615 Roosevelt Rd, Berwyn
- Chicago Halloween Festival with the nighttime parade from Michigan Avenue from the Chicago River south to Roosevelt Road, October 24, (New event)
- Zombies vs. Vampires Halloween Pub Crawl, October 24, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wicker Park, 1355 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Ghosts of Rock Stars Past Halloween Costume Party, Saturday, October 24, 7:30 p.m. Free, FitzGerald's Nightclub, 6615 Roosevelt Rd,
- HallowFest, October 24, 25, Chicago Botanic Garden, Glencoe
- Trick or Treat Trot 6k, Sunday, October 25, 9:45 a.m., Centennial Park, Evanston
- Clark Street Spooktacular, Saturday, October 24, Clark and Diversey
- Lincoln Park's Garden of the Dead tour, October 27, Chicago History Museum
- Halloween Booze Cruise on Lake Michigan, October 29, Navy Pier
- Chicago Halloween Pub Crawl Weekend, starts October 29 (3 day pass), Wrigleyville Roadhouse 66, 3478 N Clark St.
- Freaky Deaky Halloween Festival 2015, October 30-November 1, Toyota Park, Bridgeview
- MSInsider Boo Bash, October 30, Museum of Science and Industry
- NOCTURNA ALL HOLLOW’S EVE BALL, NOCTURNA with DJ SCARY LADY SARAH, October 30, Metro Chicago, 3730 N Clark St.
- Skelebration (teen-focused) Friday, October 30 from 7 – 11 p.m., Redmoon, 2120 S. Jefferson St.
- Shadows on the Street: Haunted Tours of Historic Prairie Avenue on October 30-31, Glessner House Museum
- Monster Dash, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, October 31, Chicago Lakefront
- Spooky Pooch Parade, October 31, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Heroes and Villains Costume Brunch, Saturday, October 31, 10 a..m.-2 p.m., Shaw’s Crab House, Chicago and Schaumburg
- Northalsted Street Halloween Parade, October 31, Halsted St. from Belmont to Addison
- Edgar Allen Poe Readings, October 31, Clarke House Museum
- The Haunted Ghost Ship Midnight Cruise, October 31, Spirit of Chicago, Navy Pier
- Haunted Halloween Ball, October 31, Congress Plaza Hotel, 520 South Michigan Avenue
- Boneshaker, Saturday, Oct. 31 at 9 p.m. – Sunday, Nov. 1 at 2 a.m., 2120 S. Jefferson St.
- Saints & Sinners Halloween, October 31, Lakeview Terrace
- Halloween Bonfire, October 31, ages 21 and up, secret location
- The Haunted Halloween Ball, October 31, Grand Ballroom, Navy Pier
- Holmes (Sherlock) vs. Holmes (Chicago's most notorious serial killer), November 5-November 29, Heartland Studio Theatre, 7016 North Glenwood Avenue
Click here for more Fall festivals and events.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.