Jump-start your weekend tonight at the sixth annual Clark After Dark. The fun fest, called summer’s last “Hoo-ah,” benefits Illinois service members and their families while showing all a good time.
Tonight's party kicks off at 4 p.m. (through 10 p.m.) with live music by 16 Candles (Voted Chicago's Best Cover Band), Liquidated Damages and Dr. Bombay.
In addition, there are military-themed games, activities and challenges. Special displays of vintage military vehicles are a highlight of the fest--plus all the other ingredients that are part of Chicago's Summer festival scene including food, drink specials, raffles and more.
Head to 420 N. Clark Street, on Hubbard between Clark and LaSalle and get into the spirit/spirits.
Other fests this weekend include the Chicago Food Social, August 23 and 24, that brings upwards of a dozen of your favorite food trucks to the Kendall College parking lot (900 N. Branch St.). The line-up includes the newly launched Da Lobsta, Husky Hog Bar B Que, Pierogi Wagon, Starfruit Cafe and Chicago Cupcake. Foodies and food lovers are sure to have a good time rubbing shoulders with "Top Chef" Carlos Gaytan of Mexique plus other local chefs along with food demos, activities, music and more.
More fests on tap for the weekend include:
- The Boulevard, August 22-24, Logan Boulevard and Milwaukee Avenue
- The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival, August 21-September 1, North Michigan Avenue
- Chicago Fashion Fest, Saturday, August 23-24, Division St. from Wolcott to Paulina
- Taste of Greektown, August 23 – 24, 400 S. Halsted St. at Van Buren
- Chicago New Orleans Fest (NEW) August 23 – 24, Division & Damen
- Bash on Wabash, August 23, 24, on Wabash between 13th and 14th
- Bucktown Arts Festival, August 23 – 24, Bucktown
- Ukrainian Days Festival, August 23, 24, Smith Park (Grand/Campbell)
- Taste of Highland Park (and art festival), August 23, 24, Port Clinton Square, downtown Highland Park
SausageFest Chicago, August 22, 23, 24, Old Town
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.