Countdown to the New Year 2014 at Navy Pier with fireworks parties, kids activities and cruises on Tuesday, December 31.
It’s not just another Tuesday, when Navy Pier pulls out all the stops for a full day and night of festivities. The fun starts at 10 a.m. and goes all the way to the wee hours of next year.
Here’s what’s ahead for the day…and don’t forget, Winter WonderFest with it’s indoor rides, ice skating, special activities and live entertainment continues through January 12, 2014.
The Chicago Children’s Museum will host their annual Noon Year’s Eve Celebration with noise makers, confetti and a special kid-hosted countdown. The fun starts at 10 a.m. to make your own personalized hat or crown. Regular museum admission applies.
Navy Pier is host to two of the biggest parties in Chicago this New Year’s Eve in the Grand Ballroom and in the Crystal Gardens:
- The 2nd Annual Chicago Resolution Gala in Navy Pier’s Grand Ballroom features a five-hour premium open bar starting at 8:30 p.m., stationed buffet tables, DJ entertainment, party favors and a very special midnight champagne toast to ring in 2014. Doors open at 8:15 p.m. Click here for reservations and details.
- The Crystal Gardens New Year’s Eve 2014 in Navy Pier’s Crystal Gardens. This party features a full premium open bar from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. with more than 20 bars, Phil Stefani Signature hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast at midnight, specialty cocktail upon entry, red carpet step and repeat photo opportunity, official after-party wristband and party favors. There is also a private terrace to watch all of the fireworks action as well as the New Year’s Eve countdown on the Navy Pier Ferris wheel. 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. General Admission tickets start at $115; VIP Tickets start at $150. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Mystic Blue New Year’s Eve Fireworks Dinner Cruise. This package includes hors d’oeuvres and dinner, champagne toast, premium open bar, DJ entertainment and front row seats to the fireworks and Chicago skyline viewed from the cool and contemporary decks of the Mystic Blue. For reservations, call 877-299-7783. 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Dockside Party: 12:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Odyssey New Year’s Eve Fireworks Dinner Cruise. New Year’s aboard the Odyssey offers an upscale New Year’s Eve Fireworks Dinner Cruise. The package includes plated dining, 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Dockside Party: 12:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- The Spirit of Chicago New Year’s Eve Fireworks Dinner Cruise. This package includes a dinner buffet, premium bar, champagne toast, interactive emcee, DJ entertainment and an up-close view of the Navy Pier New Year’s Eve fireworks show. Cruise: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.; Dockside Party: 12:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Call 866-273-246.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Party Cruise aboard Anita Dee I. View the midnight Navy Pier fireworks blasting in the sky as you sail on a yacht to ring in 2014. The cruise features a three-hour open bar and a live DJ plus a great view of Chicago’s skyline and the fireworks through the window-lined walls of the Anita Dee I. Boarding: 9:30 p.m. Cruise: 10 p.m.; Dockside: 1 a.m.
- The Shoreline Sightseeing Fireworks Cruise is a less expensive option-- leaving at 11:30 p.m., the Shoreline takes passengers on a 45-minute lake cruise highlighting the city’s spectacular skyline plus front-row viewing for the midnight Navy Pier fireworks. Tickets are $29 for all ages. The boat is open-air; please dress accordingly. Click here for tickets or call 312-222-9328 for more details.
- Spirit of Chicago New Year’s Eve Family Lunch Cruise. 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Get in the spirit with this vibrant and festive New Year's Eve Lunch Cruise is the perfect way to welcome 2014's arrival with the entire family. This family lunch cruise features a countdown at noon, buffet dining, skyline views and party favors. For reservations, call 866 273 2469.
At midnight the Navy Pier fireworks will illuminate the lakefront with this year's show promising to be longer and better than ever. View anywhere from the pier for free but get to Navy Pier by 6 p.m. or earlier to assure admittance.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.