In addition to its Killer musical line-up, Lollapalooza manages to put together a pretty amazing selection of good eats to feed the 90,000 plus that are expected to show up daily at the Grant Park bash taking place this year from Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4.
From haute cuisine to haute dogs, there is something for everyone from vegans to carnivorous.
A lot of the credit belongs to Graham Elliot, the popular Chicago Restaurateur of hotspots Graham Elliot and his more casual Grahamwich. Now in his year four heading the Chow Town offerings, Elliot has once again put together a stellar representation of some of the city's best restaurants.
With 35 vendors in Chow Town alone plus the Farmers Market and Around the Park--all offering a variety choices--plus the bands, the beverages and the crowds, you may just want to grab a slice of pizza and call it a day. But if you are looking for something different, Show Me Chicago has put together it's top ten favorite nibbles...that may be just the cure for your food blahs.
- Bacon Sausage on a stick from Big Fork. If it has bacon in its name, its got to be good. Plus it's on a stick, making it the perfect festival food.
- White truffle parmesan fries from Edzos. When you think Edzos, you probably think burgers but think outside of the box and go for their White truffle parmesan fries.
- A spicy crab seaweed wrap from Kamehachi. It's portable and even healthy.
- Tacos Taco w/ Choice of Protein (Pollo, Camaron En Achiote, Carne Asada, Carnitas) from the Salsa Truck. They're portable and the price is right with two tacos for $6.
- Lobster Corn Dog from Grahamwich. This popular treat from Elliott's Grahamwich is back on the menu again for 2013. If you haven't tried this in the past, go for it. It has all the requirements for perfect festival food. It is fried, it is portable and it is warm.
- Potato Chips w/ Calabrian Licorice Powder from Bar Toma. Gotta get your salt fix with a twist of licorice, sounds interesting.
- Grilled Cheese Stuffed Pretzel from Goose Island Brewpub. Not a chip person, check out this salty, cheesy treat.
- Queijo de Coalho – Brazilian-style Grilled Cheese on a Stick Drizzled w/ Black Rum Maple Syrup from Brunkow Cheese. This one has it all plus it's on a stick...love that stick food.
- Chocolate Covered Banana On A Stick from Gale Gand. Perfect finale...and once again it's portable.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.