Here's a rundown of Chicago Weekend Events for July 19 to July 21, 2013:
- Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field, Friday.
- Sheryl Crow at Ravinia Festival, Friday.
- Phish at Northerly Island, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Bjork, Belle & Sebastian, and R. Kelly at Pitchfork in Union Park, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Pitchfork: July 19-21, Union Park.
- Taste of River North: July 19-21, River North
- Hyde Park Music Festival: July 20-21, Hyde Park.
- Celebrate Clark Street Festival: Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21, between Morse and Estes Avenues.
- Chinatown Summer Fair: July 21, Chinatown.
- Sheffield Garden Walk & Festival: July 21-22, Lincoln Park.
- BenFest, July 19 - 21: St. Benedict, 2215 W Irving Park Rd.
Chicago Latin Jazz Festival: July 19, 20. Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1359 N. Sacramento.
- 55th Dearborn Garden Walk, Sunday, July 21, Noon to 5 p.m., Entry, The Latin Middle School, 45 W. North Blvd.
- Chicago's Western Suburb Garden Conservatory Open Days, Sunday, July 21, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. features private gardens open for viewing at $5 per garden. Featured gardens include: Hummer Haven in Elburn and the Gardens at Ball in West Chicago.
- XSport Fitness Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon, Sunday, July 21. Event organizers anticipate 25,000 participants will take to the streets for the run, which steps off at 6:30 a.m. Please note: Columbus Drive will be closed from Jackson Boulevard to Congress Parkway starting at 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 20 to be re-opened to traffic by 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 21.. Additional street closures will be in effect from 6:00 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, July 21. The course area begins at Grant Park and proceeds through the downtown and West Loop neighborhoods, will utilize Columbus, Grand, State, Randolph, Adams, Jackson, Madison and Michigan Avenue.
- The giant L.L.Bean Bootmobile comes to Navy Pier as part of its Outdoor Discovery Tour, with outdoor activity books for kids and giveaways and prizes, Saturday and Sunday.
- Des Plaines Summer Fling returns for its third year Friday through Sunday, July 19-21 at River Road and Lee Street in Des Plaines.
- Lake Bluff Criterium 2013 will feature high-level amateur racing followed by professional men’s and women’s cycling teams with top pro riders from across the United States and many foreign countries. Festivities kick off at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 20 with Lake Bluff Brewing Co. serving beers outside at the event.
- Naperville Ale Fest features food, live music and over 180 different craft beers.
- The Evanston Ethnic Arts Festival, Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21, 1700 Sheridan Rd. at Dawes Park.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Chicago events