Just to show that you never know who's going to show up in our town, here come the Budweiser Clydesdales--the whole team--hoofing their way into Rosemont this weekend. And that's not all the horsing around that's on the calender for the final weekend of July 2013. Here's a brief rundown of things to do and places to go from downtown to the boonies.
In and around town...
- Lang Lang at Ravinia Festival, Saturday
- Art-rock band Man Man at Wicker Park Fest Saturday
- Keren Ann at City Winery, Friday
- Brain Wilson at Ravinia Festival, Friday
- The Budweiser Clydesdales at MB Financial Park, Friday
- The Chicago Blackhawks at the Chicago Hilton, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Fiesta del Sol: July 25-28, Pilsen on Cermak between Morgan and Ashland
- Wicker Park Fest: July 27 & 28, Wicker Park
- Taste of Lincoln Avenue: July 27 & 28, Lincoln Park
- Randolph Street Market, urban antiques market, part fest, part shopping, Chicago’s West Loop on Saturday and Sunday
- Navy Pier's, first ever, Mix it ‘til Midnight features music, fun and plenty of drinks, Friday, July 26 from 9 p.m. to midnight
- Andersonville neighborhood will be lining the sidewalks with great bargains during the annual Andersonville Summer Sidewalk Sale on Friday, July 26, Saturday, July 27, and Sunday, July 28.
- There's sure to be lots of bargains at north suburban Lake Forest's Sidewalk Sale on Historic Market Square, Thursday and Friday.
- Make room on your bookshelves and dig out your reading specs. The Newberry’s 29th Annual Book Fair opens Thursday, July 25, and continues through Sunday, July 28. You'll want to leave no page unturned as you hunt through more than 120,000 used cookbooks, paperback mysteries and romances, histories, biographies, travel books, and collectibles.
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s eighth annual First Look Repertory of New Work, features three developmental productions of new plays presented in rotating repertory starting Monday, July 29 – August 25, 2013 in the Garage Theatre (1624 N Halsted St)
- Here come the Hawks...and it's a sure bet they'll be bringing the "Cup" at this weekend's--blowout their 2013 Blackhawks Convention at the Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan Ave., Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
All That Jazz...
- The FREE Made in Chicago: World Class Jazz series kicks off Thursday, July 25 through August 29. This series will be a dedication to the late Helen Doria, the first Executive Director of Millennium Park, who conceived and launched the series in the summer of 2005. Every Thursday. On tap for tonight: Dee Alexander's Funkin' with Acoustic Soul: Tribute to James Brown and Jimi Hendrix at 6:30pm at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion.
- A FREE performance at Millennium Park by songstress and Grammy award winner Chaka Khan, Saturday, July 28 at 6 p.m. presented by ArtWorks Chicago and Little Black Pearl.
- Jammin' at the Zoo with Fort Frances and Michael Franti & Spearhead, Lincoln Park Zoo, Friday, 7:30 p.m.
The Budweiser Clydesdales
- The eight-horse hitch will be harnessed and hitched to the famous red beer wagon at the MB Financial Park on July 26 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. The hitching process of the “Gentle Giants,” as they are often referred to, will begin at 4 p.m.
Get outta town...
- Valparaiso's first ever, Summer Jam Music & Food Festival features headliner Blue Oyster Cult with three live bands, a beer tent, and more. Valparaiso, Indiana
- Pierogi Festival, Whiting, Indiana, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
The Fairest of Them All...
- Lake County Fair celebrates the agriculture of Lake County with carnival rides, truck pulls, demo derbies and livestock competitions. Lake County Fairgrounds. July 24, 25, 10am–10pm; July 26, 27, 10am–11pm; July 28, 10am–9pm. Adults $8 Wed-Fri, $10 Sat-Sun, Seniors and kids 6-12 $5, military $5, season pass $15–$35
- DuPage County Fair, July 24-28
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Chicago events