Chicago's summer is moving full speed ahead with many of the city's favorite fests and other summer events returning this weekend. Hopefully things warm up by Saturday for the World's Naked Bike Ride and all the other great outdoor activities, but if not, Show Me Chicago has included some indoor events in this week's 25.
1. Pivot Multi-Arts Festival, June 6-22, Uptown and Edgewater
2. Ribfest Chicago on June 7-9, North Center
3. Andersonville Midsommarfest on June 7-9, Andersonville
4. Old Town Art Fair, June 8 & 9, Old Town
5. Wells Street Art Festival on June 8 & 9, on N. Wells Street, between North Avenue and Division Street
6. Printers Row Lit Fest, June 8 & 9, Printers Row neighborhood, Dearborn and Polk Streets
7. Taste of Greece, June 7-9, 1017 N. LaSalle St.
8. A Grown-Up Play Date at Kohl Children’s Museum, Thursday, June 6, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, food, drinks, a photo contest, plus a chance to be a kid again. $25 in advance, $40 at the door.
9. Celebrate the official opening of Chicago Loop Alliance’s 17,000-square-foot Pop-Up Art Loop gallery on the third floor of Block Thirty Seven, June 6, from 5 to 8 p.m.
10. The Dumela Contemporary Art Show, Opening reception is Friday, June 7, 5:30-9:00 p.m. The show will continue Fridays 5-9, Saturdays, 1-6, and Sundays 12-6 through June 30 at August House, 2113 W. Roscoe, Chicago
11. World Naked Bike Ride, Watch or ride on Saturday, June 8, 6 p.m., Chicago, various locations, Free, 773-336-2778
12. Ravinia Festival Opens for the season, Thursday, June 6 with Don McLean and Judy Collins. Tickets: $55-$45/Lawn $22/Park opens at 5 p.m.
13. The 2013 Kraft Great Kids Concert series kicks off at Ravinia Festival on Saturday, June 8 at 11 a.m. with the Ko-Thi Dance Company in the Martin Theatre. Tickets: $10/Lawn $5/Park opens at 10 a.m.
14. 7th Heaven, Thursday, June 6 at MB Financial Park at Rosemont features the rock band 7th Heaven followed by a fireworks show. 5501 Park Place. (if you want more fireworks, don't forget Saturdays at 10:15 p.m. and Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m. at Navy Pier)
15. Winnetka Summer Antiques Show, June 7 - June 9, Winnetka Ice Arena, 490 Hibbard Rd., $10-$12; free for kids under age 12.
16. CSO Rivers Festival, Sunday, June 9, wraps up the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s month-long Festival with a free and open to the public celebration of the river as the center of Chicago’s life at Chinatown’s Ping Tom Memorial Park, 300 W. 19th St.
17. Second Saturday Silent Cinema at the Music Box Theatre, Saturday, June 8 at noon, presents Beyond the Rocks, a silent film starring film legends Gloria Swanson and Rudolph Valentino.
18. No Dessert Left Behind, Sunday, June 9 at 10 a.m. at Little Goat--a bake sale in support of Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign. 820 W. Randolph.
19. The Chicago Blues Festival Festival kickoffs off Thursday, June 6 with Shemekia Copeland and Quinn Sullivan at the Chicago Cultural Center (6:30 to 9 p.m.), then continues through Sunday, June 9 at Millennium Park and Grant Park. 312 744 3316. 11am-9:30pm. Free.
20. Low-Line Market opens Thursday, June 6, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m, and continues Thursdays through October 17. The new market offers goods from local and regional farmers.
21. Pedal Oak Park kicks off Friday, June 7 and continues Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 9:30 a.m. through September 29. Bring your bike, or one will be provided for you at no additional charge. Greenline Wheels, 105 South Marion. $35 non-members. $30, Preservation Trust members.
22. Millennium Park Workouts kick off Saturday June 8 and continue Saturdays through September 7. The free 45-minute exercise classes include: Tai Chi at 7am, Yoga at 8am, Pilates at 9am and Zumba at 10am. Great Lawn, Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Millennium Park 312 742-1168.
23. Downtown Sound: An Evening with Glen Hansard featuring Lisa Hannigan and members of The Frames at Jay Pritzker Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, June 10 at Millennium Park. Free.
24. Rush Hour Concerts on Tuesday, June 11 with 5:15 p.m. reception and 5:45 p.m. performance at St. James Cathedral, 65 East Huron. Free.
25. Tuesdays on the Terrace kicks off Tuesday, June 11 on MCA’s garden lawn with live jazz plus Summer Studios art making for families. Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 East Chicago. 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., $25 dinner buffet. Free to attend.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.