Now that you've recovered from "Doing Division," Blues Fest and other last weekend events, it's time for another round. Check out what's on tap for this weekend and don't forget Father's Day (Sunday, June 16). Coincidentally or maybe not, Friday is "National Bourbon Day" and Saturday is "National Lobster Day" so if the dad in your life is a fan of either (or both) you're all set in the gift department.
- Taste of Randolph Street: June 14-16, West Loop on Randolph between Peoria and Racine.
- Lincoln Park Greek Fest. June 14-16, 2701 N. Sheffield.
- Fiestas Puertorriqueñas, June 12-16, between Western and Sacramento Parade steps off at noon on June 15 from Division and Western, 773-584-6642.
- SausageFest Chicago, June 15 & 16, Sheffield & Addison.
- 6 Corners BBQ Fest, June 15-16, 4000 North Milwaukee.
- Takin’ It to the Streets, June 15, Muslim-led “urban international festival” with three stages. Marquette Park, 6734 S. Kedzie, $5.
- Just for Laughs, the annual comedy fest continues through June 16 at various venues.
- Spring Awakening Music Festival, June 14-16, Solider Field, Bassnectar, Moby, Calvin Harris, ATB, and others.
- Libertyville Days Festival, June 13-16, carnival, arts & crafts, music, beer tent, food. Downtown Libertyville. 847-918-8880
- Old Canal Days, Jun. 14-16. Parade. carnival, entertainment, food & horse drawn wagon tours along the I&M canal. Lockport. 815-838-3357.
- Custer’s Last Stand Festival of the Arts , June 15 & 16. 400 arts and craft exhibitors, music, food & kids activities. 847-328-2204. Chicago and Main, Evanston.
- Scottish Fest & Highland Games, June 14 & 15. Traditional Scottish games and fare. 4-10 p.m. Itasca. 708-447-5092.
- Blues on the Fox, June 14 & 15. Major label blues artists with Buddy Guy and New Orleans' own Dr. John headlining. RiverEdge Park in downtown Aurora. 630-896-6666.
- Cantigny Fine Arts Festival, June 15 & 16. 75+ artists, food, music & more. Cantigny Park, Wheaton. 630-668-5161.
- Miller Lite Saturday Summer Bash, June 15, 1 p.m., horse racing and live music from local cover bands, Arlington Park Racecourse.
Subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Show Me Chicago by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.