CHICAGO, Monday, December 3, 2012. It doesn't matter if it's 70 degrees or 5-below in Chicago, every year when the calendar hits December 1 the Windy City's "parking snow ban" becomes law. The Winter Overnight Parking Ban covers 107 miles of vital arterial streets. No vehicles can be parked on any of these streets from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. from December 1 to April 1. If you see the sign pictured above on a street where you are considering parking overnight...DON'T!
The City of Chicago means business. They will tow cars parked on any of the streets listed below even is there is no snow. Violators will have to pony up the towing charges and storage fees in order to get their vehicle returned.
If this isn't enough to digest, up this Wednesday on Show Me Chicago, we will take a look at School Speed Cameras. A testing program is being put into place at various intersections...and although no tickets will be issued immediately...it's only a matter of time.
Just trying to keep ahead of the fines and ticketing is almost enough to drive one to take public transportation...but, wait a minute...CTA and Metra also have rate increases in place for many riders. So until you figure out which way to go, you may want to bookmark the list of the streets where the Overnight Parking Ban is in effect for the 2012-2013 season:
- 103rd St. from Pulaski Rd to Torrence Ave.
- 79th St. from Cicero Ave to South Shore Drive.
- Cottage Grove Ave from 103rd St to Midway Plaisance.
- Kedzie Ave from 87th. St to North Ave.
- 106th St. from Torrence Ave to State Line Rd.
- Torrence Ave from 103rd St to 106th St.
- Midway Plaisance from Cottage Grove to Dorchester Ave.
- Payne Dr from Midway Pl to Morgan Dr.
- Dr. M L King Dr from Garfield Blvd to Cermak Rd.
- Cermak Rd from Dr. M L King Dr to State St.
- State St. from Cermak Rd to Congress Pkw.
- Archer Ave from Harlem Av to State St.
- Madison St. from Austin Bv to Des Plaines St.
- Central Ave from Harrison St to Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Division St. from Austin Bv to La Salle St.
- Kedzie Ave from Bryn Mawr Ave to Irving Park Rd.
- Milwaukee Ave from Lake St to Central Ave.
- Foster Ave from Clark St to Kennedy Expressway.
- Clark St. from Devon Av to Howard St.
- Cannon Dr (West side) from Fullerton Pkw to Diversey Pkw.
- Devon Av from Clark St to Sheridan Rd.
- Garfield Blvd from Morgan St. to Ellsworth Rd.
- Kedzie from Moffat St. to Milwaukee Ave.
Filed under: Uncategorized