CHICAGO, Monday, August 20, 2012. Did you know that Randolph Street Market, that awesome open-air (and indoor) market for all things antiques, Indie Design and vintage is also a great food destination?
The market, which has won accolades from the likes of Travel & Leisure, the NY Times, Lucky Magazine and celebrity designer Nate Berkus for its' top quality, amazingly priced “finds” has become a hot spot for shoppers and fest lovers.
This weekend, in addition to the 200 select purveyors offering a variety of creative goodies, the Market wants to let everyone know about the great food finds.
- Dinky Donuts. You can roll out of bed, get dressed and head to the market, opening at 9a.m., and start your day with coffee and donuts from Dinky Donuts. Try their cinnamon dusted donuts or whatever else looks good.
- GataBee’s Crepes. Crepe lovers will love GataBee's for brunch. Try their tasty apricot, banana whipped cream Parisian favorites.
- Ding, ding lunch is calling your name...so make sure to check their specials.
- Empanadas will satisfy your taste for something savory like the Spinach and Cheese or Zesty Chicken doughy treats.
- Krave's. Krave's is the perfect spot to relieve you cravings for a Chicago-style Italian Beef Sandwich.
- Anderson Lockhart Sweets. Still hungry, Anderson Lockhart Sweets may be just your ticket with a slice of their frozen gourmet chocolate cheesecake.
- Jeni’s. Jeni's delish assortment of ice cream flavors is a perfect choice for a hot day or even a cool one.
- Market Bar. Ready to chill? Try the Strange Pelican beer or a Margarita from the Market Bar during Happy Hour.
- Candy on Call. Enjoy a bag of your candy must-haves like liquorices, lemon drops, malt balls and more from Candy on Call...or get a bag to bring home.
TWO WAYS TO WIN FREE ADMISSION.
Show Me Chicago will be holding a drawing this Thursday for two pair of tickets to this weekend's Randolph Street Market. The contest is open to all Show Me Chicago Facebook fans. If you are not a fan, you can like us on Facebook to enter or email us at Showmechicago@gmail.com and tell us that you would like your name entered in the contest. Winners will be notified by noon on Thursday, August 23 and will have to 9a.m. on Friday, August 24 to respond. If not, new winners will be drawn. The winners names will be put on the guest list at the front gate and SMC will also send an email confirmation.
OR to win tickets to a future Randolph Street Market enter the Vintage Vernacular Photo Contest. Just take a picture of what’s HOT at the Market. Categories include Dorm Décor, Summer Sensations, Pin Up Beauties, Crazy Couples, Decadent Dishes etc. Then enter the contest online at http://www.randolphstreetmarket.com/streetstylephoto by uploading your Market Pics. Get free admission for 2 + cash prizes to be claimed at the September event.
General Admission: $10 at the gate. ($8 in advance).
Early Buying Saturday: $25 at the gate - Outdoors at 8am and Indoors at 9am. Early Buy benefits Chicago House for people living with HIV/AIDS
Student Discount Admission: $5 at the gate (ID required at check in) or $3 advance. Student Online Special 3-for-2 Student Admission: $6 (ID required at check in)
*Purchase 3-for-2 Student Admission tickets
Kids under 12 always FREE.
To purchase tickets online go to: Randolph Street Market.
RANDOLPH STREET MARKET INFO.
Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 10am to 6pm.
Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 10am to 5pm.
1340 W. Washington, Chicago.
Inside Historic Plumbers Hall.
Filed under: Chicago events