CHICAGO, Thursday, July 12, 2012. The non-stop action continues as Chicago's summer reaches its mid-point. Check out Show Me Chicago's eclectic calendar of awesome events for this weekend with something for everyone.
- Irish American Heritage Festival, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Live bands, mashed-potato eating contest, family activities and more. Irish American Heritage Center, 4626 N Knox Ave (773) 282-7035. $15, seniors $7, kids 12 and under free, advance $8.
- Pitchfork. July 13-15, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Pitchfork Music Festival is a three-day event showcasing over 40 of independent music’s best bands and artists on three stages. $45, tickets, (Saturday sold out). Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph Street.
- Windy City RibFest. July 13-15, Uptown, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Ribs, music and more. Headliners: Here Come the Mummies and Smash Mouth. New this year is Rib Village, an area with all-you-can-eat food. Fri 13, 5–10pm; Sat 14, noon–10pm; Sun 15, noon–9pm. Lawrence Ave at Broadway (773-868-3010.. $5.
- Chinatown Summer Fair. Sunday, July 15, 10a.m. to 8p.m. Chinatown. Lion and dragon dances, demonstrations, and food at this 33rd annual celebration. Wentworth Ave and Cermak Rd. 773-868-3010.
- Taste of Chicago continues through Sunday, July 15. Great food and music at this hometown blow-out. Grant Park, Columbus Dr from Balbo Ave to Monroe St., 11a.m. to 9p.m. daily. 12 tickets $8. Headliners include Chaka Khan and Death Cab for Cutie. For $25, land seats in Petrillo Bandshell, the lawn is free.
- BenFest. Friday and Saturday, 4p.m. to 11pm. Food, music plus more than $10,000 in prizes at this benefit event. St. Benedict’s Parish, 2215 W Irving Park Rd 773-588-6484, Before 8pm $5, after 8pm $10.
- Bastille Day on Daley Plaza. Saturday, Celebrates French heritage with music, food, games and more hosted by French organizations throughout Chicago host this festival. 50 W. Washington. 5p.m.
- Des Plaines Summer Fling. Friday (5–11pm); Saturday and Sunday, noon–11pm. David Cassidy headlines this suburban Summer Fling featuring family activities, entertainment and food. Lee Street at River Rd (773-868-3010. $3.
- Chicago Cubs vs. Arizona Diamondbacks. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Wrigley Field.
- Fire vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC., Toyota Park. Saturday, 7:30p.m.
- Bastille Day 5K & 8K Run, Walk & Block Party Thursday, 7:15–10pm. 773-868-3010. Races $30–$45; block party only $5. Post-race block party starts at 8:30p.m. at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum with French food and live music. 2430 N Cannon Dr.
- Loops And Variations summer series continues this Thursday, July 12 at 6:30p.m. in Millennium Park. Free.
- The Grant Park Music Festival will perform Friday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Movies in the Park. The highly popular summer series Movies in the Park continues this weekend with free movies in Chicago Parks. Bring a blanket or chairs and pack a picnic for a fun evening.
- Ralph's World. Kraft Great Kids Concert series at Ravinia Festival presents Ralph's World. 11a.m., Ravinia Pavilion. 847-266-5100.
- Dearborn Garden Walk. Sunday, noon to 5p.m. Walk starts at Latin Middle School, 45 W North. $35, advance $30. The walk features over 20 private Dearborn Parkway gardens. $35, $30 advance .
- Bucktown Tree and Garden Walk. Saturday and Sunday, 11a.m. to 5p.m. A self-guided tour of over 75 public and private gardens with a party atmosphere and activities and entertainment along the way in the Bucktown neighborhood (boundaries: North Ave to Fullerton Ave, Western Ave to Ashland Ave.) Guidebooks are available for $5 at Club Lucky, 1824 W. Wabansia.
- DuSable Museum Arts & Crafts Festival. Saturday and Sunday in Washington Park.
- Naperville Woman's Club 53rd Annual Art Fair. Saturday and Sunday, 10a.m. to 5p.m., across from the Riverwalk, on Water and Webster Streets.
- Art in the Park. Saturday and Sunday, 10a.m. to 5p.m.. Northbrook's Village Green Park, Shermer Road and Meadow Road /
- Chicago Sidewalk Sale at Daley Plaza, Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. A two-day shopping event featuring an assortment of affordable apparel and accessories by Chicago designers and from independent boutiques. 50 W. Washington St.
- Made In Chicago: World Class Jazz. Thursday. This summer jazz series kicks off this Thursday in Millennium Park and runs through August 3o. Highlights include Blowin’ in from Chicago featuring Edward Wilkerson Jr. and Ari Brown (July 19); Frank Rosaly’s ¡Todos de Pie! (All Stand Up! on August 23) and Exquisitely for Ella: A Songbook Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald with Dee Alexander, Frieda Lee and Spider Saloff, opening the 34th annual Chicago Jazz Festival (August 30). Free.