Chicago, Wednesday, March 21, 2012. Even though Chicago's March feels like summer on steroids with people already complaining about "the dog days of March" and saying "March is the new July", we are still a couple of months away from the non-stop calendar of events for Chicago's summer of 2012. This summer, the city will be offering more than 400 neighborhood festivals, parades, plus food and music fests--here are some highlights...lots to come...so make sure to save these dates...and leave room for more.
- Do-Division Street Fest & Sidewalk Sale: June 1-3, West Town.
- 57th Street Art Fair: June 2-3, Hyde Park.
- Ribfest Chicago: June 8-10, North Center.
- Wells Street Art Festival: June 9-10, Old Town.
- Andersonville Midsommarfest: June 9-10, Andersonville.
- Printers Row Lit Fest: June 9-10, South Loop.
- Taste of Randolph Street: June 15-17, West Loop.
- Chicago Pride Fest: June 22-23, Lakeview.
- Chicago Summerfest: June 23-24, Lincoln Park.
- Chicago Green Music Fest: June 23-24, Wicker Park.
- Gay Pride Parade: June 24, Lakeview.
- Old St. Pat’s World's Largest Block Party: June 29-30, West Loop.
- Gold Coast Art Fair: June 30-July 1, Grant Park.
- African/Caribbean International Festival of Life: July 4-8, Washington Park.
- Rock Around the Block: July 7-8, Lakeview.
- West Fest: July 7-8, West Town.
- Irish American Heritage Festival: July 13-15, Irving Park.
- Pitchfork: July 13-15, Union Park.
- Windy City RibFest: July 13-15, Uptown.
- DuSable Museum Arts & Crafts Festival: July 14-15, Washington Park.
- Chinatown Summer Fair: July 15, Chinatown.
- Square Roots: July 20-22, Lincoln Square.
- Taste of River North: July 20-22, River North.
- Summer on Southport: July 21-22, Lakeview.
- Sheffield Garden Walk & Festival: July 21-22, Lincoln Park.
- Fiesta del Sol: July 26-28, Pilsen.
- Wicker Park Fest: July 28-29, Wicker Park.
- Taste of Lincoln Avenue: July 28-29, Lincoln Park.
- Edge Fest: August 4-5, Edgewater.
- Wrigleyville Summerfest: August 4-5, Lakeview.
- Ginza Holiday Festival: August 10-12, Old Town
- Northalsted Market Days: August 11-12, Lakeview.
- Retro On Roscoe: August 11-12, Roscoe Village.
- Bud Billiken Parade: August 11, Bronzeville.
- Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest: August 18-19, Rogers Park.
- North Side Summerfest: August 18-19, North Center.
- The Boulevard: August 24-26, Logan Square.
- Bucktown Arts Fest: August 25-26, Bucktown.
Filed under: Chicago events