Chicago, Friday, November 25, 2011. The City of Chicago has just announced the city's memorial tribute and arrangements underway to honor the city's beloved former first lady Maggie Daley, who lost her courageous battle to cancer yesterday evening. Below are some places Chicagoans can pay their respects and remember this remarkable lady.
At City Hall (121 N. LaSalle Street):
• Memorial bunting has been placed over the LaSalle Street entrance;
• A floral display has been placed in the building’s grand central lobby and a memorial book is available for friends and well-wishers to sign and honor Mrs. Daley;
• The City Hall lobby will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, and during the week from 8:00am to 5:00p.m.
At the Chicago Cultural Center (77 E. Randolph Street):
• The Randolph Street entrance columns will be wrapped and memorial bunting is being placed over the entrance on Washington Street entrance;
• The Randolph Street lobby will have a floral display and memorial book available for friends and well-wishers to sign and honor Mrs. Daley;
• The Chicago Cultural Center Randolph Street lobby will be open on Saturday from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm and Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm, Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm.
Public Wake on Sunday at the Chicago Cultural Center. A public wake will be held from noon to 10 p.m., Sunday, November 27th at the Cultural Center’s Preston Bradley Hall, according to Jacquelyn Heard, former Mayor's friend and spokeswoman.
At Gallery 37 for the Arts (66 E. Randolph Street):
• Gallery 37 will have a floral display and a place for children who have been touched by Mrs. Daley’s work to sign a book in her honor; and
• Gallery 37 will be open on Saturday from 11:00am to 4:00pm, (closed on Sunday) and during the week from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
• The Chicago City flag has been lowered to half-staff;
• Mayor Emanuel will declare an official day of mourning and a moment of silence to honor Mrs. Daley;
• The Chicago City Council will enact a resolution honoring Mrs. Daley at the December 14, 2011 City Council meeting.
Funeral Mass (700 W. Adams):
A funeral Mass, open to the public, is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Monday, November 28 at Old St. Patrick’s Church, 700 W. Adams St Chicago, Illinois 60661. (312) 648-1021
The Daley family requests that in lieu of flowers, people can make donations to After School Matters, or to the Maggie Daley Cancer Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital,