Thursday, January 20, 2011. The NFC Championship Game brings the Green Bay Packers to Soldier Field to face the Chicago Bears this Sunday (3p.m.). Along with the GBP come the GBP fans commonly referred to as Cheeseheads--one word not two.
In honor of the occasion (and in an attempt to better understand the GBP Fans), Show Me Chicago, would like provide some information about our neighbors to the North plus some fan photos (slide show below).
Ten Things You Should Know About "The Badger State".
1. Green Bay is the Toilet Paper Capital of the World.
2. The official city bird of Madison, WI. is the pink plastic flamingo--(it's too cold for the real thing).
3. The Hodag, is a mythical beast said to roam northern Wisconsin. The beast, who looks nothing like a cheesehead, is reported to have the head of a frog, the face of an elephant, short legs with sharp claws, the back of a dinosaur and a long tail.
4. The World Champion Cabbage Chuck is held annually in Shiocton, WI.
5. The Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw takes place every year on Labor Day weekend in Sauk Prairie, WI.
6. The U.S. Watermelon Seed-Spitting Championships are held annually in Pardeeville, WI.
7. Wisconsin, one-ups us here, as the Beer Capital of the United States.
8. Neillsville, WI., is home to the world's largest talking cow. If you're in the area, stop by and give a moo to "Chatty Belle."
9. Sheboygan is the Bratwurst Capital of the World--make sure you get the deep fried.
10. And, lastly, no surprise, Wisconsin is the largest producer of cheese in the nation--and the largest producer of Cheeseheads.
Filed under: Uncategorized