- Just keep livin’ ~ Matthew McConaughey, from Dazed and Confused. Surprisingly, these words have kept me going in some dark times. When you don’t know what to do, all you have to do is this.
- Two choices, love or fear ~ paraphrased from A Course in Miracles. Every choice we make is based on either one or the other. The older I get, the easier it is to tell the difference. Love is the only choice.
- Don’t make assumptions ~ don Miguel Ruiz, 3rd Agreement from The Four Agreements. Creating stories in our head about what other people are doing or saying is what causes a lot of our pain. The stories are rarely true, and therefore we often create our own suffering.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood ~ Stephen Covey, Habit 5 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. If you listen without assumption, then you create the space for someone to listen to you. Trying to scream your point at someone will ironically fall on deaf ears.
- Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be. ~Eckhart Tolle. The past is gone, the future isn’t here. The only place to live is in the moment. Every earth-shaking event (good and bad) throws us back into the present, reminding us that it’s the only thing that’s real. Gratitude in the moment=joy.
Posted December 4, 2013 at 4:26 pm
Posted October 31, 2013 at 12:56 pm
Posted October 23, 2013 at 2:22 pm
Posted September 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm
Posted September 24, 2013 at 11:33 am
Zen Parenting Radio
Listen to Cathy and Todd Tuesdays at 4:30 CST or anytime via the Zen Parenting Radio website
The Self-Aware Parent
Latest on ChicagoNow
from Cubs Den by Michael Ernst
posted today at 6:55 am
from Prairie State Pigskin by Barry Bottino and Dan Verdun
posted today at 5:00 am
from The Patriotic Dissenter by Paul M. Banks
posted Monday at 9:56 pm
from Quilting Sewing Creating by Kathy Mathews
posted Monday at 9:16 pm
from SweetCarendipity by SweetCarendipity
posted Monday at 9:11 pm
Read these ChicagoNow blogs