The shine doesn't always shine in the Wisconsin Dells -- even in the summertime. Will dreary weather ruin your family trip to the Dells? Not a chance. One of the best parts of a Dells vacation is that the weather can't really interfere with your family fun. The Wisconsin Dells has tons of indoor waterparks and other attractions for visitors to choose from -- rain or shine.
If you do end up with a rainy day on your Dells vacation, I have a few specific suggestions for indoor fun.
- Indoor waterparks (obviously). Most of the resorts and waterparks in the Dells offer both indoor and outdoor options. And trust me, the indoor parks are certainly not second best. In the past, we've stayed at the Wilderness Resort and were able to use their 4 separate indoor waterpark areas -- ranging from the kid-friendly Cubby's Cove to the 70,000-square-foot Wild West Waterpark. Similarly, Kalahari also has tons of indoor water play options.
- Indoor attractions at the resorts. The big resorts in the Dells all seem to offer a ton of dry, indoor activities as well. For example, Wilderness offers a 4-story indoor play area, arcade, bumper boats, and even indoor 3-D mini golf.
- Knuckleheads Bowling and Indoor Amusement Park. This 80,000 square-foot facility offers everything from bowling to bumper cars and 4-D movie theater experience. You could spend a whole day here and the kids will be just as exhausted as they would have been from a day at the waterparks.
- WizardQuest. Older kids will love to play WizardQuest, an interactive computer game experience located in the downtown Dells. Participants try to free imprisoned wizards by solving riddles, evading traps and outsmarting bad guys.
- Tommy Bartlett Observatory and Interactive Science Center. Here, kids can get a hands-on learning experience -- even though they are on vacation. Exhibits include a replica of the Mercury Space Capsule and a Virtual Sports Center. Kids under age 5 are admitted free.
Bottom line: You are guaranteed to have a blast in the Wisconsin Dells -- rain or shine!
Tags: Kalahari Waterpark Resort Convention Center, Knucklesheads Bowling and INdoor AMusement Park, raindy day activities in the Wisconsin Dells, The Tommy Partlett Observatory and INteractive Science Center, Wilderness Resort, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin Dells indoor attractions