Normally, Daley Plaza isn't the most exciting place to bring your kiddos. But that's all about to change. From October 29th-31st, Daley Plaza is transformed into Franken Plaza -- one of the very best places to celebrate Halloween in Chicago.
During this 3-day celebration, the schedule is packed with great family-friendly events and activities. There are a few stand outs on the schedule that I wanted to mention so you can keep them in mind when you plan your visit.
- The Midnight Circus will perform their wildly popular acrobatic feats and theatrics. The kids (and also you) will be totally amazed.
Friday: 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm
Sunday: 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm
- A Pumpkin Carving Demonstration with Steve Dahlke. Have you ever seen a 200-pound pumpkin carved before? This is your chance. Friday: 2:15pm & 4:15pm
- Gather 'round for some not-so-scary storytelling by Oba William King, The Poetic Storyteller. This experience includes plenty of opportunities for audience participation.
Sunday: 12:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 6pm
- The ever-entertaining Ms. Lori and the Campus Kids are scheduled to perform at 2:45 on October 31st (these performances are always a big hit with the kiddos).
- And then of course, there is the real show stopper -- the Halloween Costume Showcase & Contest. Visit the website for all of the details and rules (because there are quite a few of them). Registration for the Costume Contest begins at 11:00 and the Contest kicks-off at noon.This contest is open to ages 16 and under. Entrants will be judged on their imagination, creativity and originality. Homemade costumes are strongly encouraged. Costumes must be fun, family friendly, and G-Rated.
Sounds like a lot of fun, doesn't it ? Check out the full schedule of events here.