Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
You all know I love my motivational quotes. They are life’s mantras.
The other night my daughter and I were driving and she exclaimed, “Mommy, look at all the Christmas lights, it’s beautiful.” She was in complete awe, and it was the cutest, purest, sweetest moment. Sometimes it helps to see things through the eyes of a child. I love the holidays, I love everything about them, the lights, the music, the “jolly” (and by jolly I mean more excuses to indulge in holiday lattes, eat cookies, and enjoy a few more sips of wine).
But her pure joy in seeing the houses and streets all lit up by holiday lights was heartwarming and brought me to the sweetest place in the holiday season, being so thankful for the joy we have in our lives.
As a year closes, and we welcome the new year, think about what you want out of this new year.
What are my goals? What will I focus on?
1) being present – I mention this a lot because it’s something I am continuously working on, I am way too “multi-task” and not enough “slow down and focus.”
2) being the best me – and by the “best” I mean when my pillow hits the bed each night, thinking back on the day and asking if I gave all I could to everyONE and everyTHING I care about that day.
3) not worrying about the scale as long as my jeans fit ;) - I love to run, running is in my sole, it makes me ME, I love working out and feeling healthy, as long as I am on the path running, and feel “healthy” I am not going to worry about a few pounds here and there.
4) enjoy life – I am going to stop and smell the roses more, enjoy the journey not just the destination, I am going to have that second glass of wine because it relaxes me, as well as enjoy a dessert every night, cuz I just enjoy dessert too darn much to skip it!
5) be inspiring – not to get too deep here, but falling in line with my other 4 “goals”, I want to be inspiring, to my daughter, to my husband, in my charity, while working out, to myself!
I’d love to hear YOUR goals for the new year! Comment here!!!
Read. Enjoy. Share. Follow. Comment. Support!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.