Being new to ChicagoNow, and after a bit of hindsight, I realized that I did not properly introduce myself. How rude! So let me slow my roll and explain who the hell I am, 10 little facts at a time.
- I’m 25 days away from being 41 years old, which scares the shit out of me. I will no longer be “entering” my 40’s, I’ll be officially “in” my 40’s. I don’t feel it, I don’t look it, I certainly don’t act it, so someone please explain how the hell this happened?!
- I’m an army brat. Yup, I was born on Fort Polk Army Base in Louisiana, while my daddy was serving in Vietnam. My mom flew down from Chicago just to share the miraculous joy of my birth, blahblahblah. Back in those days, the father was not allowed in the delivery room. So my poor mom spent the night in labor as my dad sat in the waiting room watching Ed Sullivan. Meh. Healthcare in the early 70’s really sucked.
- I have 2 kids; Little Woman, who is 10 years old, and Dude, who is 3. And I love the hell out of them every damn day.
- I’ve been in love three times in my life, had my heart broken twice. I tend to trust immediately and fall in love fast & hard. This trait has gotten me hurt more times than I could count.
- I’m not your average mom. I have bright red hair, tattoos, a saucy attitude, swear like a sailor and swig wine like water. I may shock the senses but I’m the best mama and the most honest, loyal person you’ll ever meet. Word.
- As a Pisces, I tend to flourish near large bodies of water. A Chicago native, I’ve lived in Los Angeles, Portland, Ohio and New Jersey throughout the years. Needless to say, Ohio sucked. I was a dry fish floundering. It was only a matter of time that I returned to Lake Michigan. Home again home again, jiggity jig.
- I am a celebrity trash whore. I follow every trash site on the web and spend time watching every damn episode of whatever the E! Network has to offer at any given moment. Being a former Hollywood studio employee, I can’t help it. It’s engraved in my blood. Don’t judge!
- I’m the oldest of 6 girls.We are a tight knit family, incredibly independent yet fiercely loyal. Screw with any of us, well, then….you’re screwed. ‘Nuff said.
- I’m a sucker for anything 80’s. As a teen of that era, I love anything related to John Hughes, Duran Duran, early Madonna, John Cusack and Boy George. They have, in one way or another, influenced who I am today. Yes, I am a dork. And proud of it!
- I love who I am, I love where I am in life, and I wouldn’t trade in my experience for the world. Regardless of the heartache I’ve endured nor how many times I’ve been slapped in the face with reality, I’m still here. So if you ever want to go tit-for-tat, buy me a bottle of wine and I’ll show you the world.