Life is made up of a series of days; some of those days are pretty darn cool, others are crap. Put together they are the quilt of your life, creating an overall great quilt in spite of some not so great days. Every quilt I have ever made has some fabrics I adore and others that quite frankly, I could do without. This is the lens I use to look at life, as a quilt. This quilt is still being stitched.
Quilting and sewing have taught me a lot about life. Nearly everything I know about them can be applied to life. For example:
- Quality fabrics make better quilts.
- If you work a little bit at it every day, at the end of a month, a year or two years, you will have created a pretty cool quilt. Little by little, keep at it is the secret!
- Ripping is part of sewing - you will make mistakes so just rip them out and start all over.
- A really good chair will make it easier, especially on your back!
- There are lots of ways to make a great quilt.
As you read the blog you will see pictures of my quilts, some instructions and some places I go to see quilts and buy fabric. Lots of fabric! But there is always the larger life lesson because our days are not just a series of random blocks, they make up a quilt. Let's do this quilting bee together!
You can follow me on my Facebook page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.