On two different Wednesdays I wrote posts about things I don't care about and those which I had given up on. You might think from reading these that I am apathetic about life and without opinions. Au contraire! There are many things I still care about and haven't given up on in life. Let me expound on this!
Send the card back, click on the link, make the call, send the text or email. Then stand by your commitment, done! No one will waste money on no shows or making too much food.
2. My right hip - I have bursitis in my right hip and I am bound and determined to make what I call my "old lady legs" not hurt. I have had x-rays, physical therapy, injections, massage and do yoga to combat it. I will never stop trying as I had it in my left and it's fine now.
I have special chairs, pillows and foot pedal arrangements. I wear great shoes all the time. I stretch and send it good thoughts.
I don't care if it takes voodoo or magical beans, I am going to cure it!
3. Apologies - What is the big deal? Own what you did, say you're sorry, make it better and move on. None of this "I'm sorry you feel this way" nonsense.
It's not that hard, I say it all the time. I'm sorry! See - it's easy.
5. White teeth - I am 64 years old and I drink coffee. None the less, I want my teeth to be sparkly white.
However, I will settle for merely white. To that end I brush them 6 or 7 times a day. I floss and I've tried various products to whiten them.
For my Christmas present I am treating myself to an in-office procedure at my Dentist. I love my grey hair, I accept my wrinkles and I've had a ball putting on these pounds. But I will intervene to try and keep my teeth whiter.
6. Organization - My closet is a thing of beauty. My hangers are all velvet hangers, I have fantastic shoe storage and a rotation system for my pants and underwear. I get ridiculous pleasure from a well organized closet.
Is my whole house this organized? No, not yet but I keep working on it. When I am mad or nervous I tear things apart so it's just a matter of time.
7. People - Sometimes it would be easy to despair about what human beings do to each other. But I refuse to give up and lose faith. I am going to hang in there and wait for our better selves to come out into the open.
When they don't, well, I have those other closets to work on.
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. There are two ways.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Or, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Here is a specific thing I care about! Read about bidets.
Filed under: Off topic Wednesdays