On September 23, 2012 I published my first blog post on ChicagoNow. It was pretty underwhelming and so was the response. Slowly I got better at this and more people started reading my posts. I wasn't sure how long I would keep blogging but here I am! I have kept at it because of the best parts of 5 years of blogging.
2. I have gotten better at writing. If you write 4 or 5 times a week you are going to get better. I can write faster now and with less self doubt. When in doubt, churn it out.
3. I am a better quilter because of blogging. I can't always write humor posts or facts, I have to show you that I actually sew. I am always thinking of new projects so I have more to write about. (I wonder if I would exercise more if I wrote a blog about exercising? Nah.)
4. I have gone to great places. Again, I have to have content for my posts so I better go to nifty quilt shows and fantastic quilt destinations. I have this "sure, I'll get there one day" attitude and great trips as a result.
5. I have gotten to know fellow bloggers. Bloggers are curious and like to write. They write on various Facebook pages as well as their blogs. I have then communicated with them behind the public arena and we meet up. It's so fun to meet new people.
6. I have the best readers in the world. I feel like my world has expanded so much by getting to know all of you. We have written each other emails, cards and I've even been lucky enough to meet up with some of you. I just want to hug you all!
One day I may run dry, nothing more to write about. There won't be any more fabric to buy or quilts to make. I will have visited all the cool quilt places that exist.
Just kidding, you're stuck with me.
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. There are two ways.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Or, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
I have written about blog anniversaries before. Check the 2nd year anniversary post out.