With all the recent catastrophic weather all over the states, the world really, I have been counting my blessings. I am always thankful for my family, my health and my wonderful condo in my town. But there are daily little pleasures for which I am grateful. Let me tell you about 8 favorite things of mine today.
2. Wimsey is a wonderful way to package something you need into an enjoyable object. I received this tape dispenser as a gift early in my teaching career. It is the only item from my desk at school that now has a place in my home office. Form and function, I love it.
3. Sundays there is a Farmers' market of beauty and bounty not far from my condo. We are so lucky to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, foods and baked goods. There is a joyful woman from Haiti who makes this cranberry sauce which I simply adore. I need to stock up before winter.
4. Sweatshirts that zip up the front and do not have a hood are a staple of mine from now through May. I have, count 'em, ten of them and two are brand new. I enjoy wearing them with an unreasonable passion. My favorite is the blue striped one, we're BFF's.
5. Chobani flips are a fairly recent obsession. My daughter had them when we were in Alabama and I, quite simply, flipped for these flips. I like every single flavor but if it has any chocolate then I eat it first.
Later I retired from teaching Jr. College and suddenly had a whole free drawer in one of my filing cabinets. Since I adore snail mail and greeting cards I put the two together to create the best organizational system for cards in the universe.
8. American Girl dolls are now being played with by a second generation of our family. Zara had received two as presents and 3 years later, started playing with them. She discovered that her Mother had a collection stored above our garage.
Over labor day weekend she went above the garage and dug them all out. We cleaned them up and she got new clothes for each one at Frankfort Fest. I washed the original clothes that were on them and my heart sings to see these dolls being loved anew.
Sure I would love to have an in-ground pool to add to this list. However, I am not greedy and my eight items are terrific, they feed my body and soul. They make me smile and keep me happy.
Plus, no pool boy needed for upkeep.
How about you, what's your favorite thing lately?
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. There are two ways.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Or, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Years ago I wrote a similar post. Check it out.