I love quilts and quilters and because I am one of this community I can laugh at myself, at all of us. Most of my humor posts are just that, stretching the truth to its most ridiculous. It's fun! So today let's examine reasons we quilters give for not finishing a project.
1. I can't finish those blocks, I can't remember what sort of quilt they were supposed to make.
3. I am pretty sure there is a curse on that quilt, no way I am finishing it.
4. I ran out of the main fabric when I used it for another project, I have to wait until I find more of it.
5. My quilt buddy made hers and already brought it for show and tell. I can't finish it now and look like I am copying her.
7. That quilt? I had forgotten all about it!
8. I never did like that quilt pattern, it's from a class I took.
9. The joy is in the journey, not the destination.
10. Oh yeah, I was going to finish that quilt but I just started a new one.
12. I would finish that quilt but I don't know what to make next. I'll wait a while yet.
13. I'm supposed to finish a Dear Jane quilt?
14. I can't finish it, my machine has been broken for a couple of years.
15. I can't finish that quilt, I refuse to let the cat know I'm competing with her.
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. There are two ways.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Or, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Want some more quilt humor? Check out hard quilt truths from baby animals.