As you know, I am not fond of cooking. I do it and when I want to, I am a good cook. Most of the time I would rather sew. My family has always insisted on eating and I can't afford to eat out consistently so I do cook. I cooked a huge meal yesterday for Thanksgiving.
Maybe you cooked yesterday also and are wondering what to do today. I have two easy recipes that are good with or without leftover turkey. And in exchange I want your easy and fast recipes that leave more time to spend in the sewing room!
- One pound ground meat (turkey for me)
- One onion
- 4 to 5 large flour tortillas
- One can Mild Chile pepper diced
- One can mild enchilada sauce
- One can black beans
- One spice packet for mild tacos or mild chili
- One package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Spray Pam in 8 by 8 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop onion
- Brown meat, add chopped onion - stir
- Add spices or spice packet for your preferred heat. (I prefer mild chili) - stir some more
- Open each can and add to meat and onion
- Place a tortilla in bottom of pan, cut the other tortillas in half
- Add about a fourth of the mixture, put two tortilla halves on top in different directions to cover different areas
- Spread cheese on top
- Bake for 30 minutes
Serve with package of corn and sour cream to cut down heat if you've made it really spicy. Serves four or it's really good left over.
Recipe Two - Easy Stir Fry for Chicken, pork or turkey
- Sesame oil
- Pound of cut up meat
- Package of frozen stir fry vegetables
- Bottle of Orange Ginger stir fry sauce
- Slivered almonds
- Put rice in rice cooker, start stir fry when it is showing 10 minutes
- Spray wok with Pam
- Turn burner on medium and add oil to cover bottom of pan
- Add meat and cook until no pink left - stir
- Add frozen vegetable package and cook until they are just about cooked - keep stirring
- Add bottle of sauce and put lid on, heat on low
- Add can of Mandarin oranges
- When rice is done, put in bowl
- Take lid off stir fry, add slivered almonds
- Serve immediately with side dishes of pineapple
I like these recipes because they are easy and fast, taste good and have easy cleanup. They're a nice break from our normal grilled meat, chili, spaghetti, meat loaf, pork chops or chicken breast meals.
Make these and you will have more time in life for the important things - like sewing and quilting.
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.