One of my granddaughter's first words was quilt which made me very proud and happy. She can hardly stand to not have a quilt around her and sleeps with five or six on her bed. She has her own table in my sewing room and plays around with fabric. I figured she must know a lot about quilting and that it would be fun to ask her how much she knows each year before she turns a new age. Here you have quilts and quilters through the eyes of a 3 year old.
When I told her that I wanted to ask her questions about quilts she insisted on drawing pictures first. They are included!
2. Do you like quilts? Yes....
3. Why do you like them? Because I love them.
5. Who else makes quilts? Grandmas.
6. All grandmas? Yes, all.
8. How many quilts do you have? 8 quilts.
9. How many more do you want? Not a mountain of quilts, just one at a time.
10. What kind of quilt do you want next? Ballet
12. Where are quilts made? Inside, in a sewing room.
13.How long does it take to make a quilt? 5 seconds.
14. How do you make a quilt? (Silence)
15. What do you need to make a quilt? Thread (interview is over as subject runs off, obviously bored.)
Want to see and enjoy more quilty fun? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, look for the square on the side rail. Just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Want a better look at that Mermaid quilt? Check it out here.