I have an Android phone and a Gear Fit watch that is paired with it. Don't be impressed, they set it all up for me at the Verizon store. I upgraded from one that merely kept track of my steps to one that does a whole lot more. It nags me to walk more, I can answer the phone on it and it delivers my emails and texts. High tech? Eh, sure. I wanted it to be able to answer the phone or texts when I am in the sewing studio without my phone.
It's snazzy and all but really I need much different features. I would like to make a proposal to the tech geniuses out there. Gear Fit for Quilters needs to be the next Android Watch. Let's discuss the features I would like to have.
1. Automatic scanning - I want to be in my sewing room and touch the magic button. The watch automatically scans and stores all the fabrics I have and lists them by both color and size. With pictures. Please.
2. Calories - I work hard in my sewing room and I want a calories worked off total that reflects that. Fine, it doesn't have to be even remotely accurate. Never nag me.
3. Bobbin - The watch and my bobbin should automatically be synchronized. When the bobbin has 7 more inches on it, alert me. No, I don't have any idea how you are going to do this, you are the genius, I am the quilter.
4. Shopping - When I am buying fabric the watch will scan my stash and alert me if I am just about to buy the same fabric. Oh, or pattern! Yes, that would be great.
5. Encouragement - Give me peppy compliments, bolster my motivation. When I finish a section, let's hear a hip hip hooray. Let's keep the compliments to the quilting, I don't want an inappropriate relationship with my watch.
6. Record keeping - Let's measure those stitches, those yards and even how much I ripped out. I want to know when I've reached an important milestone number of something. Compare me to completely fictitious quilters who are nowhere near to my numbers.
7. Discounts - I am entirely open to stores sending me coupons for money off. I will let their computers chirp at my watch and tally how much I have spent there for additional incentives. This watch is working for me!
There might be other features I will add later. We'll keep in touch. And as a reward for your invention, I will make you a quilt, something simple.
We're not talking a postage stamp quilt here, that's real work.
Oh, and lap size.
Want to see to see what else I am pondering, plus some quilt humor? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation!
If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. You will receive a verification email. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
If you enjoyed this post check out a previous one about inventions.