Don't you just love Quilt stores? I have even waxed poetic about the smell of a quilt store. But face it, we go there to BUY fabric, not smell it. And we go there to talk and listen. We quilters love to talk. Over the years, I've noted some funny quilt shop banter.
I am going to share my favorites with you and make up a few I wish I had heard.
Here we go, overheard at the quilt shop.
- Does this fabric make my quilt look fat?
- Are they bats or batting? Or am I batty?
- I'll take a quarter yard of that 70% off fabric. Why is everyone looking at me?
- I'm sure they have a bathroom, it's a quilt store!
- Should I buy 2 yards or 4 yards? (A chorus of voices answer - 4 yards.)
- I don't need any fabric so I won't be buying much. Hmm, we'll see.
- Do you deliver?
- Can you put that in two bags? One to bring in the house and one to sneak in later.
- What's a fat quarter?
- Why are all the precuts named after food?
- Do you do lay away?
- Any free samples today?
- Open sewing? Like sewing in public?
- Why is everyone smiling and laughing in here?
- Do you sell supplies to make blankets? What do you mean I've come to the wrong place?
- I'll take a half, no wait, a yard. Make it two. Oh what the heck, finish the bolt.
- Can I get my quilt long armed quilted by tomorrow?
- Can I pay you next time I come in?
- BOM? Isn't that missing a letter?
- So do you quilters only buy more fabric once you've finished your current project?
- Help! Quilting emergency over here.
- I'll take it all, wrap it up!
- I love fabric.
Ah, quilt stores.
Want to see what else I love? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
You might also enjoy this post on Quilt power.