I have a pretty wonderful stash of fabric. I have leftovers from projects I have made and random yards of fabrics that caught my eye. I have yardage from projects I never decided to make. I have some marvelous fabrics I've received as gifts. But I admit, most of it I bought for myself. You might be wondering why I continue to buy fabric with resources available in my own home. I have my reasons for buying more fabric, I do. Let me explain.
1. New projects - I make new projects when I redecorate or for gifts. I new specific fabrics that aren't in my collection.
2. Souvenirs - When I travel I don't really want a t-shirt or a shot glass. I collect fabric as part of our trips nearly always include a quilt shop visit.
4. Addiction - I am hopelessly addicted to fabric. I love the feel, look and smell of it.
5. Be prepared - We had a hard winter and I was trapped inside for several days. My stash was ready for this emergency.
6. Hobby - Everyone has a hobby, I have several. I like to sew, quilt and collect fabric.
7. Competition - Hey, I like to be #1 and you have to keep up if you want to be in the top percent in fabric acquisition.
8. Why not - I like it, I will probably use it some day.
9. Bad day - I was having a bad day, this made me feel better.
10. Lifesaving - I. had. to. have. it.
What are your reasons for buying fabric?
Mine make me sew happy!
Want to learn more new things? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: humor