Saturday March 15 is National Quilting day. You may be wondering what to do on National Quilting day, I know I am. I have the what to wear problem solved, now there's just the activity left to plan. I've divided my choices into several categories.
Less effort required ideas
- Eat foods that begin with Q.
- Do only quiet activities, like nap.
- Love all the quilts you already have
- Order some fabric online
- Buy some fabric at a quilt store
- Plan a new quilt
But it only comes once a year, let's make a day of it
- Go out for breakfast
- Hit 3 stores
- Cut out a new quilt
For the truly ambitious
- Attend the free Quilt show at the Kenosha Public Museum in Wisconsin.
- Attend the Quilt show at the Botanic Gardens in Albuquerque, NM.
- Visit the exhibitions and demonstrations at the Folk Art Center in Asheville, NC
- Peruse the special quilt exhibit at the Kansas Museum of History in Topeka, KS
- Visit the International Quilt Study Center and Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska for free.
What I would do if I could choose anything
- Attend the hands-on workshop at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY
- Meet all of you there!
This is our day, Quilters, to celebrate quilts and quilting!
No matter how you celebrate it, make it a fun day for you and let me know what you've got planned or report back after you've done it!
A day to celebrate quilting makes me sew happy!
Want to see what else I love and post about? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page, check the get notifications and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Here's last year's post for the same holiday.