Today's post is written for all the single guys out there who read my blog. Also, I like to think that there are men around the world putting the title into a search engine hoping against hope for a blog post like this. I feel a post on "How to successfully date and marry a Quilter" as more of a public service announcement really. Ready gentlemen? Go!
1. First meeting - Avoid all references to the word blanket. Let me repeat that. Don't even think about using the word blanket. Say instead, "Tell me about quilting." Nod your head often, smile and after she answers say, "That was fascinating."
2. Dating - Search for and attend quilt shows in your area. Don't touch the quilts. (You're still avoiding the word blanket, yes?)
3. First trip together - Two words, Paducah, Kentucky. Trust me.
5. Proposal - "I'd like to make quilts with you for the rest of my life." A ring, oh yeah, a ring is good also.
6. Living situation - A sewing room is a basic requirement, you not only know it but suggest it first.
7. What to say about her quilts - "I love it! It's fabulous! Tell me more about it!"
8. Treatment - With love for both her and the quilts. Oh, and never ask how much money is being spent on fabric. It's like air, you just have to have it.
Congratulations, you will live Sew happy together!
Want to see what else I am thinking about? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Need more detailed advice for gifts? Check out this post.