I read a fair amount of blogs, mainly quilting blogs but also other blogs by my fellow bloggers at ChicagoNow. I have noticed a trend on the parenting blogs, there is a fair amount of blogging going on to make sure everyone knows this blogger is NOT a Super Mom. What is even more interesting is that I don't see anyone who does claim to be a Super Mom so I am a bit confused. But then it hit me, maybe part of blogging is that you have to make sure everyone knows you are not a super something. So to cover all my bases I want to state here and now that I am not a super quilter.
Hey, you could at least act surprised. Now let me see some shock and awe on those faces out there.
That's better! As a reward I am going to tell you why.
1. I have never won a prize at Paducah. - I haven't even entered a quilt there! I have bought a lot of fabric at Hancock's of Pacucah, however. Keeping the economy going!
2. I don't bury my threads. - Apparently judges want all those ends buried after you are done machine quilting. Oh boy, that's a lot of work and you only do it if you are entering your quilts in competition.
4. I attend Quilt shows, not exhibit in them. - I love going to Quilt shows. I gasp with delight and take pictures. I tell you about my visits.
5. I am still learning about quilting. -I just signed up for two classes at the Quilt Expo, one on pattern drafting and another on machine quilting with templates. I took my first quilting class in 1983 and I haven't stopped since.
6. I still make mistakes. - In fact, I am pretty super about doing this. I don't want my seam ripper to ever get lonely. I even have two of them!
7. I don't sell quilts. - I make what I want and I give them to the people I love.
8. I miss deadlines. - I finished my daughter's wedding quilt in time for her 3rd anniversary. I'm awesome like that.
9. There are no Kathy Mathews creations in a museum - They are hung on my walls however. They will never hang in museums, I've seen those quilts, they are at a whole different level.
10. I am not famous. - Or infamous, so there's that.
However, I am OK with all of the above. I love sewing and quilting and that's super enough for me! I go to quilt shows. buy fabric, take classes, buy fabric, make quilts, buy fabric, sew fun stuff, buy fabric, and I love to talk about quilts. The quilt world needs quilter like me to sign up for classes, see the shows and support the quilt industry. Oh, did I mention that I buy fabric?
Want to see what else I am thinking about? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.