Sports are great, I love them and watch them. I have never really played them but I get the metaphors we all toss around. I understand that someone can strike out when they are nowhere near a baseball field and I get it when someone wants me to go the whole nine yards. In this same way, people who don't sew or quilt will be able to quickly and gleefully grasp the meaning of quilting and sewing metaphors. This has been a campaign of mine for a few years now and soon I know these expressions will be commonplace. Come on ladies let's start using these today!
- She's not the sharpest needle at the Bee.
- I drank so much wine, I really sewed one on.
- That Harrison Ford, he really threads my needle.
- My neighbor is nice enough, but her seams just don't line up.
- Give my kids a fat quarter, they'll take a yard.
- Poor Great Grandma, she's stitched her last quilt.
- That clerk is sewing away but there's no thread in her needle.
- Her spool of thread is wound too tight.
- My aunt is a couple of inches short of a yard.
- A quilt by any other name is still a quilt.
- She can really knows how stitch her away around.
- This is not her first quilting bee.
- She really knows her way around a shop hop.
- She got stash faced at the party.
- Her machine is on but there's no thread in the bobbin.
- She thinks the "I" is only vowel in quilt.
- She's hopping, just not shop hopping.
- Hey there, quilt me maybe?
- He could rip my seams.
- He can piece quilts with me any day, anywhere.
Now your turn! Hit me with your best stitch, tell me your sewing or quilting metaphors!
Chevrons and more are all being discussed, pictures are being posted and sewing capers continuing. Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
If you liked this post, you might enjoy this one as well.