I don't want to make you non-quilters out there feel bad, but Quilting is the best hobby. Au contraire you say? Well let me list the reasons why and see if you don't agree.
10. Whenever you play scrabble and draw out a Q, you immediately know what word you want to spell.
9. Children leaving the nest? Quilters try to act sad but really they're thinking, Sewing room!
8. No worries about empty closets with nothing to put in them.
7. Come the alien/machine/zombie takeover, most of us have enough supplies to creating clothing for our family, the neighborhood or what the heck, the country for years. Or trade for food, think about it.
6. When you've spent the day quilting, it's a great reason to forget to cook.
5. Those threads hanging off your clothing are setting a new fashion trend. For real.
4. How to spend that pesky extra money is never a problem.
3. Cleaning the house is not a priority when you have.to.sew.
2. When you tell people you're a quilter and they look a bit surprised or smirky you know it's because they are jealous.
And the number one reason why quilting is the best hobby?
1. All your beds have stunning quilts on them. (Or they will just as soon as you finish them, or aren't saving them for a show or make that bed!)
Aren't you now sew happy you're a quilter?
Want more? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: humor