Have you been reading all those New Year's resolution lists? Whoa! I read them and think, really? You are going to organize, sew, quilt, sleep, exercise, relax, eat healthy while learning a new language with all your new friends? Or maybe you will just feel bad about yourself when these resolutions don't happen and then you will pitch it all.
Let's have a comfortable list for our New Year's resolutions this year. I was inspired to make a kinder list after I saw this photo on Facebook and contrasted it with a super intense Quilter's blog list for New Year's Resolutions.
Here are some quilting resolutions in this same mode.
- Love your fabric, what you have and what you buy.
- Get rid of anything you don't love or that makes your sewing room reproachful. Donate that fabric you don't love! Jettison those UFO's, if you valued it you would have finished it.
- Bring grapes or veggies to the next quilt retreat.
- Drink tons of water when you sew.
- Get up and walk around to break up your sewing time, it will feel good.
- Love what you sew and eliminate "Quilt Envy"from your life.
- Work on something that makes you happy.
- Sew what you want, no more obligation sewing. If people pester you to make them something and they will "pay" you give them an outrageous price. (Start at 75.00 and go up, way up.) They will leave you alone and you can sew what you want!
- Accept all sewing compliments, say thank you and do not point out mistakes.
- Compliment other quilters.
- Take a picture of your quilts or projects and share them with people who will celebrate the moment with you.
- Sew and quilt how you want, not how someone else does it.
- Breathe and smile as you quilt. Play happy music or have a movie on. Relish your special talent.
- Take a class or ask advice from another quilter and give yourself time and patience to really learn the new skill.
- Disregard everything above, add your own resolutions!
- Sew happy!
Want to see what other ideas I have? Check out my Facebook page. Like the page and join the conversation! (There are some funny photos, I promise.) If you want to keep reading my blog, you can subscribe. To do so, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. That's all, you're done. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.