"Countless studies have found that generosity, both volunteering and charitable donations, benefits young and old physically and psychologically. The benefits of giving are significant, according to studies: lower blood pressure, lower risk of dementia, less anxiety and depression, reduced cardiovascular risk and overall greater happiness." [Terri Yablonsky, from "A giving nature improves health" in today's Chicago Tribune]
Studies corroborate what we believe:
It's truly more blessed to give than receive.
We're healthier giving;
Our lives more worth living
Whenever the plight of the poor we reprieve.
"Of the 7.15 billion people alive:
- 2.4 billion live on less than $2 per day.
- More than 1 billion lack access to clean drinking water.
- More than 800 million go to bed hungry each day.
- More than 6 million die each year from preventable diseases.
- About 1 billion cannot read or write."