Born May 12 was Yogi Berra
Greatest catcher of his era.
His Yogi-isms* make us grin
Like deja vu all over again.
1. When asked if the fans who ran naked on the field were men or women, Yogi said, "I don't know. They had bags on their heads."
2. "You can observe a lot by watching."
3. "Never answer an anonymous letter."
4. "Baseball is 90 percent physical. The other half is mental."
5. "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
6. "it ain't the heat; it's the humility."
7. Dining at an Italian restaurant, Yogi was asked by the waitress how she should slice his pizza. Yogi replied, "You better make it 4 slices; I don't think I could eat 8."
8. Yogi's wife, Carmen: "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played in New York. If you should die before me, where should I bury you?" Yogi: "Surprise me."
9. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."